Applied for my California Big Game tags today

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Put in for my California tags today

Deer -

Zone G3 Goodale (1st choice)
Zone G39 Round Valley (2nd Choice)
Zone D16 (2nd deer tag)

Elk -

Hunt code 305 Northeastern CA bull (Rocky Mountain elk)

Sheep -

Hunt Code 501 Zone 1 - Marble/Clipper Mountains

Pronghorn -

Hunt Code 799 Preference point

Nice, good luck with your tags! We will find out soon. I applied for or purchased;

-A-22 First choice
-AO second tag
-Bear tag
-Sheep (Orocopia)
-Elk (PP)

how does everyone like that cost at the end of the application process. 160 some odd dollars for everything. Hunting lic, two deer tags, birds, kitty, elk and sheep and a couple stamps you have to ask to get....

Knowing that California is going to spend it wisely makes me sleep better at night! :mad:

I am new to how things work here in Cali so I am confused. Do you have to apply for a basic tag? When does this process begin if that is the case. I am hoping to hunt this fall but I do not know the ins and outs of how it works.

Midwest_Hunter said:
I am new to how things work here in Cali so I am confused. Do you have to apply for a basic tag? When does this process begin if that is the case. I am hoping to hunt this fall but I do not know the ins and outs of how it works.

If you have had a license in another state or can show proof of having taken a hunter safety class, get up to the DFG office, 3883 Ruffin Road, San Diego and buy a hunting license. From there, you can get your upland game bird stamp, waterfowl stamps and purchase over the counter big game tags depending on what you want.

Get the big game digest from the DFG office. It explains it pretty well.

DEER:
X9A
X9B
A31

ELK:
Unit #422

SHEEP:
7pts

May get either a D11 or AO second deer tag.

How many is max points?

OCOutdoors said:
DEER:
X9A
X9B
A31

ELK:
Unit #422

SHEEP:
7pts

May get either a D11 or AO second deer tag.

How many is max points?

They started the PP system in 2002. Currently max points is 11. If you didn't start accumulating points in 2002, I don't believe you could ever have max points. The max points would go up ever year unless it is capped which as of now is not.

1st Tag: choice 1 =A22
choice 2 =A31
choice 3 =AO
2nd Tag = AO

Elk (PP)
Bobcat
Pig

BuckHunter said:
choice 2 =A31
choice 3 =AO
2nd Tag = AO

Elk (PP)
Bobcat
Pig

Do you have any points for deer? I would hate to lose them on an A22 tag.

OCOutdoors said:
BuckHunter said:
choice 2 =A31
choice 3 =AO
2nd Tag = AO

Elk (PP)
Bobcat
Pig

Do you have any points for deer? I would hate to lose them on an A22 tag.

No deer points for me. I just hunt So Cal. I may take my AO into the A zone this season while taking the family up to the redwoods on vacation this July, but nothing serious until the Fall.

Deer: 1st tag app M-6
2nd tag D-16
Bear Tag
BOB THE CAT (bobcat)
Sheep
HAIR COVERED VOLKSWAGENS (pig tags)
;D

Haha...I want to shoot a hair colored Volkswagen! What the heck, I'll shoot Bob the Cat too!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu