Archery Hunting D7/D8

jfrog

Aug 23, 2017
Hey all, new to the site and looking for some hunting buddies and guidance.
Has anyone archery hunted D7/D8 lately? I've heard its tough hunting, to get up high and walk my butt off but that there are deer up here. Any advice would be great!

My buddy shot in beautiful buck in D-7 2 years ago.....He came in from the Bishop side and he said it was one of the hardest hunts he's ever done.....And that was with a rifle.....He camped out on top and after getting his buck. He had to walk back (14 miles) to get his tent & gear.

My buddy shot in beautiful buck in D-7 2 years ago.....He came in from the Bishop side and he said it was one of the hardest hunts he's ever done.....And that was with a rifle.....He camped out on top and after getting his buck. He had to walk back (14 miles) to get his tent & gear.

Have any pics of his buck ?

That sounds about right. Everything I've heard about hunting up here includes miles and miles of hiking. Not so bad if you enjoy the outdoors though.

I had some family hunt D8 a few years back. One in the group got lost. So they spent most of the time hunting for him instead LOL they said they did see bucks but couldnt pull the trigger because of lost boy... they still give him shit about that trip every time we get together. Its funny and they can laugh about it now..... at the time they said it was not soo funny.

Cali Ridge, that is pretty funny. I imagine it was scary at the time though. Yeah, I've heard there are deer up there. I just need to figure out where to go and put the leg work into it.
Whoa, that's a big set of antlers for D7!!

D7 has some big bucks, know how wide it is ? I have some buddies that pack in from the bishop side and stay for days back in there and I'm in the process of doing the same hunt just getting all my backpacking gear stocked up .

Holy crap! I didn't know D7 still held bucks of that size. Obviously they were way up if there was still snow on the ground though.
baboltin, when are you headed up???

Reactions: Shmee22
He was near or above 11,000' looking towards North lake.....Man size country.....Although, his buddies wife did pretty good.....lol

Holy crap! I didn't know D7 still held bucks of that size. Obviously they were way up if there was still snow on the ground though.
baboltin, when are you headed up???

Getting all my stuff stocked up this year, cold weather light gear

baboltin, any chance you need a buddy for next years hunt? Also, archery or rifle?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu