Archery Hunting D7/D8

I hunt up there every year and have shot a few bucks up there. If you want to get away from people and have a chance at a big buck you have to hike in a few miles.
With that being said hiking while hunting up here will get you nowhere. Best approach to that zone is to hike in before first light and find a spot to sit and stay there for hours. It's so thick up there that if you just walk you will never see anything shootable. Find an area that you can see that they cross from timber patch to timber patch and just wait for them to come into the open. Archery or rifle in D7 will not be long shots so the same concept works for both. All of my deer up there were within 100 yards.
I'll be heading up the 15th for the opener so good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baboltin, any chance you need a buddy for next years hunt? Also, archery or rifle?

I actually do since I don't care to have to camp 7 miles back in by myself , but would you be willing to hike in that far and have all your backcountry gear ?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu