Archery Turkey Hunting

5footshotgroup

Feb 28, 2017
Here in AZ you can always bow hunt if you have a rifle tag but never vice versa, is California the same?

Also we have urban hunt units which you can hunt in city limits but it is archery only and you can't shoot within a 1/4 mile of an occupied structure. What are the general rules there? For example can I shoot a turkey with a Crossbow in Julian?

I looked a bit online but I only found season dates and I am thinking the answers are no and Heck NO! but I figured I would ask.

You can use a bow at anytime during the regular turkey season or 2 weeks after.....Must be a 150 yds from any occupied bldg, barn, or out bldg......A crossbow is considered a gun.

.DISCHARGING FIREARMS OR OTHER DEADLY WEAPONS : It is unlawful for any person, other than the owner, person in possession of the premises, or a person having the express permission of the owner or person in possession of the premises, to hunt or to discharge while hunting, any firearm or other deadly weapon within 150 yards of any occupied dwelling house, residence, or other building or any barn or other outbuilding used in connection therewith. The 150-yard area is a “safety zone.” It is unlawful for any person to intentionally discharge any firearm or release any arrow or crossbow bolt over or across any public road or way open to the public, in an unsafe manner. (FGC 3004)PUBLIC

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu