Are there turkeys in Los Padres Nat'l Forest?

I know there is a link on the home page for DFG regs... Otherwise, yes there are Turkey and general regs are (BUT DOUBLE CHECK!!!) there is a spring and fall season. Spring is bearded, fall is either sex and all you need in addition to your license, obviously, is an upland game bird stamp. It's the same one that allows you to hunt dove, quail, etc. If I may, since you are new to hunting familiarize yourself with the DFG website and the regs. The last thing you'd want is bad advice, a couple thousand dollar fine, the loss of your equipment and possibly the termination of your hunting privilages.

I looked (could be wrong) and could not find the 2012-2013 upland regulations that included turkey. I do not think they are out yet...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu