Arrow Reloading

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I went down to the Bow ‘N Arrow Shop and got a lesson on how to fletch an arrow. I am making the switch over to Easton Axis 4mm 300 arrows this season and building the arrows myself.
Still not sure what broadhead I will be running. My Muzzy have been giving me a fit. The rage hypodermic fly great but I really don’t want to regret using a mechanical on a bull this September.

IMG_8322.jpeg
IMG_8323.jpeg

Zwickey Deltas or Bear razors with or without the bleeder blades..I use the bleeders on the bear razors when I'm mad at the mammal..it cuts a little more...those broadheads have been working since 1986 for me..old school. Bowhunting is way cooler than gun hunting.

Reactions: sportyg and TRICER
I hear the Iron Will single bevel broadheads are great for heavy arrow builds. I haven't tried them but would like to get my hands on some.

Reactions: TRICER
I think you'll be just fine with the mechanical.

If you want some fixed heads for backup or to try, I've got some Muzzy Trocars here in Poway you are welcome to use. I've found the offset design (like your arrow vanes, not like the other muzzy's) make them extremely accurate for a fixed head.

Last edited:
I’ve heard great things about the iron will single bevel too. My buddy has killed quite a few bulls with the slick trick fixed blade as well.
Try wrapping your arrows, it makes re-fletching them way easier and if you tip and tail the vanes they’ll hold up better.

If your Muzzys are giving you fits... it's either your bow or you. Please don't shoot a mechanical at an elk... save you some potential grief. Ed F
yeah that is where I am leaning. Once my new limbs are installed and I shoot the new arrows I should be able to get the bow tuned.

Reactions: BOWUNTR
Well looks like I am hunting down in Sonora next weekend. Hunt got bumped up a month. I ordered the QAD Exodus and Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts 4 blade. I will shoot them both this weekend and see which one is shooting better. Stay tuned there will be blood.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Well looks like I am hunting down in Sonora next weekend. Hunt got bumped up a month. I ordered the QAD Exodus and Magnus Stunse Buzzcuts 4 blade. I will shoot them both this weekend and see which one is shooting better. Stay tuned there will be blood.

MAGA

Left 125g QED Exodus / right Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 4 blade. Both shots 38yds they are both shooting good out to 60. The QED is getting the nod for Oryx next weekend. If it performs the way I think it will it will be the head I use all season. I really like that head.

IMG_8475.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu