D13 Zone D13 3,036
D15 Zone D15 1,232
D19 Zone D19 352
A18 Archery Hunt in Zone X9C 54
A19 Archery Hunt in Zone X10 6
A32 Ventura/Los Angeles Late Season Archery
Either-Sex
----------------- End of Document -----------------

I guess thinking about it AO really only makes sense if you're not going to hunt rifle at all

Hi Guys, I am a newb and I'll write up an introduction in the Newb section later, but I noticed on the DFG site that there are available deer tag for some zones that I may want to research (sorry in advance for my ignorance), but wanted to ask:

If I purchase a deer tag for a particular zone does that give me permission to hunt deer in that zone?
Do I need to purchase anything else besides the tag in order to hunt deer?

Sorry, I am confused about the drawing vs. tags and would like to learn more and eventually get an opportunity to harvest some game for the holidays.

I'd appreciate ANY input!

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=30896&inline

You need a hunting license first. Then you can buy a deer tag or two deer tags. They give you the ability to hunt in that zone. It does not give you the right to trespass or hunt closed or limited entry areas.

The AO archery only tag let's you bow hunt many zones with a bow

The general tags eg. D14 only lets you hunt that zone with bow or rifle.

All zones have season dates any many have started already.

Where are you wanting to hunt and if it's private I'll come help you :)

Thanks Aeon!

I have my hunting license already and am looking to hunt on public land for the time being....that pretty much where my trail ends since I don't know what I need to do from there.

I have a friend who has private land but way up in the Siskiyou county area and do not think I can make that trek up there because of the distance ( i live in OC). I also have a family member who owns a pistachio farm in Porterville, but have not asked or done any research as to see if it is legal to hunt or if there is any game on the property besides yotes. If i do end up finding someone with hunting friendly private land I am more than willing to invite or share it with someone on here in exchange for some hunting knowledge!

BTW, I am not set up for Archery, but I do have a 30-06 that I plan to use as my deer, pig gun.

You need a hunting license first. Then you can buy a deer tag or two deer tags. They give you the ability to hunt in that zone. It does not give you the right to trespass or hunt closed or limited entry areas.

The AO archery only tag let's you bow hunt many zones with a bow

The general tags eg. D14 only lets you hunt that zone with bow or rifle.

All zones have season dates any many have started already.

Where are you wanting to hunt and if it's private I'll come help you :)

Thanks Aeon!

I have my hunting license already and am looking to hunt on public land for the time being....that pretty much where my trail ends since I don't know what I need to do from there.

I have a friend who has private land but way up in the Siskiyou county area and do not think I can make that trek up there because of the distance ( i live in OC). I also have a family member who owns a pistachio farm in Porterville, but have not asked or done any research as to see if it is legal to hunt or if there is any game on the property besides yotes. If i do end up finding someone with hunting friendly private land I am more than willing to invite or share it with someone on here in exchange for some hunting knowledge!

There are pigs in the Porterville area. May want to ask your cousin if he ever sees any sign on his property. You can also look into the laws governing that jurisdiction as to hunting and use of firearms. His farm may not be within city limits so just make sure you know the relevant law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks! i will check with him. *fingers crossed*

There are pigs in the Porterville area. May want to ask your cousin if he ever sees any sign on his property. You can also look into the laws governing that jurisdiction as to hunting and use of firearms. His farm may not be within city limits so just make sure you know the relevant law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bonejour
AVAILABLE DEER TAGS AS OF 9/21/2016 9:11 AM

Code Hunt Name Qty

page1image1720
page1image2144

page1image2968
page1image3128

AO Archery-Only 92,822
A A Zone 36,618

D3-5 Zone D3-5 4,209
D8 Zone D8 3,130
D10 Zone D10 168
D11 Zone D11 3,239
D13 Zone D13 2,541
D15 Zone D15 1,034

----------------- End of Document -----------------

I'm familiar with the Porterville area. I highly doubt there are any pigs in a pistachio orchard. Only thing you will find there are doves and coyotes. For hogs you will have to go east of Porterville into the foothills (private land). My profile pic is of a quail hunt east of Porterville.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu