Az archery success

Congrats on the great harvest!! Rad bull. Elk burgers will taste great. Super cool pics, what's the story on the glider?

Reactions: Jacobo2012
Congrats on the great harvest!! Rad bull. Elk burgers will taste great. Super cool pics, what's the story on the glider?

Was up on of of the tallest mountains in the unit and heard a bugle. Got the bull to come into some cow calls and he hung up at 72 yards he went over into the next valley so we were chasin.
I come up over the ridge and see what I think to be a white helmet. I looked through the binos and sure enough a guy with a helmet on so we walk over and start talking to them and the launch off the mountain and fly to town lol
Pretty nuts but interesting so we sat and watched them launch then kept going around the mtn and ran into a college couple around the bend so we just threw in the towel for the afternoon on that mtn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IVhunter
Congratulations on the successful hunt! And good luck in Colorado

Thank you! Appreciate it I’ll def post up more success if it is achieved
Definitely going to give it hell though
Just might have to try and pick up a otc bull tag as well

Last edited:
After 10 days of hard hard hunting I was able to finally get a shot off! Logged 91.9 miles in 10 days of hunting and 6000 feet of elevation gain! We were able to find and get on elk every single day but one day. And had multiple encounters on multiple days. Seen some of the biggest bulls I’ve ever seen in my life and got to chase a few big ones. Called in a few satellite bulls but could never get a clean shot on them. Blew more than a few stalks. And learned a ton
I had an opportunity at a huge 7x7 one night but it was right at last light and my rangefinder wouldn’t pick up its figure I’d guess he was 50-70 yards perfectly broadside and his 12 cows were probably 30or 40 yds from me. Went back the next day to catch them coming up to feed again and ran into to this little bull he let me slip in to about 40 yards and was in a triangle of trees I set my second pin at 37 stayed behind a pine tree he got up out of his bed stepped out into a clearing and stopped I drew back and held waiting for him to step out and he didn’t so I side stepped three times while at full draw aimed and shot!
He went 20 yards and stopped and was throwing up blood out of nose and mouth i though awesome perfect lung shot but saw no sign of a wound on his body he went over a little ridge and I heard him crash!
Come to find out I was quite a bit right and hit him in the jugular
Just a little bull but he’ll fill the freezer and I’m more than happy with him for my first archery elk!
Thanks for the read and hoped you guys enjoyed View attachment 51160

Congrats, great story and hunt. All the best for rifle season.

Nice! I recognize that unit.

I had a good chance on a 7x7 also on my AZ archery hunt until a guy with a UTV blew him out by driving right up to the water. Too many roads but still an amazing place to hunt.

Congratulations on the spike bull.
I think we took our Arizona hunters Ed point class together. You drew a rule bull tag a few years ago ?!

Congratulations on the spike bull.
I think we took our Arizona hunters Ed point class together. You drew a rule bull tag a few years ago ?!

Thanks and Nicee! I did I’ve been on a lucky streak with draws
Hope to keep it going lol

Reactions: baboltin

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu