AZ Cow Elk tag.

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019
Well, what do you know. After applying for Deer and Elk and pronghorn in 3 different states last year and getting nothing, I was just told I got my first out of state tag. AZ Cow Elk tag 12/6 to 12/12.

I guess they call this type of hunt a meat hunt. Is that because Cows are easier to harvest?

I would have prefered a Bull tag but given the odds as a non resident with little points I figured a Cow tag would serve me well.

The CA local hunts are fun and challenging but boy it can be tough when there is very little opportunity.

The zone is one of the biggest in the state and very popular for Elk. My research so far shows it is a difficult unit to hunt due to the lack of access but I love big back country hikes and overnight hunts.

Well, what do you know. After applying for Deer and Elk and pronghorn in 3 different states last year and getting nothing, I was just told I got my first out of state tag. AZ Cow Elk tag 12/6 to 12/12.

I guess they call this type of hunt a meat hunt. Is that because Cows are easier to harvest?

I would have prefered a Bull tag but given the odds as a non resident with little points I figured a Cow tag would serve me well.

The CA local hunts are fun and challenging but boy it can be tough when there is very little opportunity.

The zone is one of the biggest in the state and very popular for Elk. My research so far shows it is a difficult unit to hunt due to the lack of access but I love big back country hikes and overnight hunts.
DM me the unit

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu