AZ Elk and Pronghorn 2/14 deadline

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Get your apps in before tomorrow at midnight AZ time.

Between myself 7pts and the boys 6pts each we should draw at least one bull tag. Did it different this year instead of putting them both in I only put one in for the high draw odd tag. One elk in a week is more than enough and hard enough. It will be much more enjoyable filling one tag instead or rushing to fill two.

If myself or the other boy draw we will be hunting in the rut bow for me Muzzleloader for him. I am feeling lucky.

Its been a great rain year. I hunted a buck that had 20" more antler than any deer I've seen in AZ. Had him at full draw too, just no deal. Anyways, I almost put in for early archery in low point unit because of that but talked my self out of it. With the later season dates to boot as well you should be in for a heck of a hunt. Keep us posted!

Reactions: TRICER
AZ is also the only place I've moved camp because of elk bugles keeping me up. Never thought I would utter those words lol.

Reactions: TRICER
Only at 3 right now and i'll likely be hunting CO 4th season again, so I will likely not apply for late rifle to save my marriage. Lol

Dude, now everyone knows!!! Uggh!! There are no elk in AZ..that being said..the boys have drawn 5 cow tags and 2 bull tags in 7 years( being a triplet has its perks)..I have not drawn Alice dick..I'm sitting on 9 points..I hate elk hunting...I hope I don't draw this year..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sportyg and TRICER
The draw is going to break hearts this year again. The deer hunt I want jumped 3.5 points/years over the fall. I'm betting we see above-average creep/apps this year too.

not if you keep getting bird dogs! Trade that pup in for a shitzu and start chasing bulls again. :p

I just shot an elk 3 weeks ago. It is a balance. Big game, waterfowl and upland game. You can't do it all unless you do it all!

The dog is a huge part of the equation. Hunting under a good gun dog has little substitute.

“Never knew a man not to be improved by a dog.”

Robert Ruark

Dear Mr NBK

i would like to use your points go bow hunt Mr Elk. I think its a good deal since i got you lots of dove and pheasants this year. Its not my fault you cant hunt ducks

tanks
Aeon

Dear Mr NBK

i would like to use your points go bow hunt Mr Elk. I think its a good deal since i got you lots of dove and pheasants this year. Its not my fault you cant hunt ducks

tanks
Aeon

Nice - If I offered to share my elk points I would probably get turned down anyway. ;)

I hate ducks - they take away from goose hunting!

Goosey.jpeg

You would prob burn them on a cow hunt

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu