AZ Elk Hunt

How’s the micro head working for you ?
That micro head is bad to the bone. It’s just locked in solid, definitely dig leavin the on loose and moving it with my nose. So easy to use no regrets!
Just got back to camp rained all afternoon the wind came in around 4 20-30mph freezing balls. Hot coffee and a fire definitely help the moral during the rain. Gotta love it.
Today was productive we have a great plan for the rest of the week. Basically have a great ambush spot about a 1.5 mile from camp we can glass the entire canyon from there and if we do see something should be able to put a plan together to put a stalk on him. Today we figured it out tomorrow we pack it out!

CB7EF37D-AC8A-4EEA-BE82-909898C60EFC.jpeg

Blue bird day. Saw 1solocow first light and a group of 4 cows around 11. I know the bulls are here just have to keep positive and stay after them.

You guys want to trade? We saw nothing but bulls today. We need one without bones on its head.

Reactions: BBH and TRICER
Got on a nice 5x5 at 2pm took us about 2 hours to get within range. He never stood up from where I bedded him. The hike almost. Killed BBH so I hiked back to camp grabbed some mtn house, water, a tarp, and sleeping bags and we are mountain Manning it tonight. At least we are in the bull zone and won’t have to kill BBH getting him here in the dark tomorrow.

@stikbrandon not a ton of pressure a guy missed on near ya yesterday another guy put down a rag horn about a mile away. We didn’t see any hunters today. Tomorrow is another day. I live for this stuff.
C8937A6E-644D-4D51-96B5-5EA32DB0B2B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Can’t beat a outdoorsman ! Good choice I love mine! Good luck, what unit are you hunting ?

Good luck bud, I’m jealous ! I love being out there .

Looking forward to your morning post !

Great adventure in the making that will become a story for futur telling. Good luck

Saw flashes of yellow butt in juniper a hill made the perfect stalk @BBH was steady 297yds all I could see was a 6”x6” yellow butt 30 minutes it turns into the opening and it’s a cow. Wantwaaaaaa!!! Back in the glass.

Reactions: BBH
keep at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are all waiting

No bulls seen today but I know they are here. We are staying out in the hills one more night so we can get on them bright and early.
Did find a small coues buck at about 2000yds only deer I have seen all trip. Picture is through my 15s full zoom on my phone.
641AD835-A38D-4FD5-9B64-EE94871F663D.jpeg

Got wishing 600 of a forked bull a little farther than we are comfortable shooting. Moved within 400 wind shifted while setting up. He’gone! Extreme highs and extreme lows in hunting that’s for sure.

Reactions: BBH

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu