AZ Elk Hunt

It's looking better every day when you guys post up new info, we are rooting for you guys!! Good Luck, memorable hunt for sure.

Well on the last day of our hunt BBH put a bull down. Rem 700 300wsm Swarovski optics first shot was high neck and the bull definitely didn’t like that 2nd shot was perfect right in boiler room he ended up expiring in a hell hole of a canyon. I went gutless and had that done in about hour and a half. I was able to pack him out in three trips while BBH deboned and loaded bags. We are at the truck now. He was 3 miles from camp but thank the lord a lady let us drive her private road to make it a 1 mile pack out 2 mile round trip.
I am so proud of BBH he has been going to to a personal trainer for a year preparing for this hunt he dropped 60lbs and got in the best shape I have ever seen him in. He is determined to drop another 60 before fall of 2019 hope he doesn’t want to go moose hunting lol. He might not be the biggest bull but man you couldn’t ask for a better trophy. My hat is off to him. Definitely one of the most memorable weeks of my life.
8763B871-F6C5-441A-88BE-861C9AA67D21.jpeg
36B771BA-B1E3-41C9-AB08-89180EA36872.jpeg

D752DB30-30E4-4A1C-ACB7-C8744BCCC03D.jpeg
9BEA6839-4F44-4E26-B299-7F09802EEBE9.jpeg1A198B6B-8A0D-4033-AE21-DFB86DDFB233.jpeg

Awesome! What an experience to share with family. You'll never forget that hunt. I hope he's up for another one too. Late season elk hunts in AZ are tough.... They've been chased since September and they are not cooperative! Congratulations to you both.

Reactions: BBH and TRICER
Very awesome, thank you for bring us keyboard hunters (working peeps) along for the ride ;). Congrats BBH

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, Anything hard fought for is a trophy no matter the size. Again congrats. Good on you Drew for helping make it happen. I have an old friend that I helped for a few years to take big game (he's 86 now) including a AZ Bighorn sheep until my wife became sick and I had to switch priorities and take care of her but the most satisfying times for me have been helping others achieve their own goals. Service to others is always better than self service and in my opinion leaves a better memory.

Fun thread Drew, thanks for unfolding your adventure for us. Everyone has been watching anxiously. We had folks coming into the shop asking if you guys had scored yet...pretty cool. And congrats to Barry. He worked hard before and during the season. It always pays off.

Strong work to all!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu