How many of the 5 tags will the boys fill

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 6.7%

Votes: 5 33.3%

Votes: 1 6.7%

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Atta boy!!!" Did the Germans quit when they bombed pearl harbor"? And sadly bro..that thousand yard crap is disturbing.. .too many flat hatters watching YouTube ..what a shame..sending positive mojo your way Amigo!! Tow the line..push forward ..never waiver .stay the course..and FINISH!!!!

Every guy that lobs a box at 1000 says "I know my equipment, practice at 1200 and am good at 1000". Ed F
It’s a serious problem. Really pisses you off when you put in all the work to get down on them and some jerk is lobbing rounds from the top of the canyon. Probably couldn’t even pack it out if he he hit it. No idea how we police it other than self policing. Too many gunwerks YouTube videos where you don’t see all the real footage.

Last edited:
It’s a serious problem. Really pisses you off when you put in all the work to get down on them and some jerk is lobbing rounds from the top of the canyon. Probably couldn’t even pack it out if he he hit it. No idea how we police it other than self policing. Too many gunwerks YouTube videos where you don’t see all the real footage.
Truth^

I agree, There has been a big gravitaton towards built guns precision loading and long range. On the one hand I get it , do the work and reap the results but on the other hand it changes things as far as public land (even private) and how folks hunt. I remember back in 2010 when I was up that way helping buddy and the guide was saying you need to be able to shoot cross canyon (750 ) if you want a bull. In the end it was not that but still you gotta think. Radios, cameras, all these things have changed hunting and you gotta ask yourself is it good and can it be sustained. I think we need to rethink all of this especially if this kind of game taking gets in front of tree huggers and their legistrative friends. Personaly I don't think with shrinking land availability for hunting and emerging technology we can go on and expect good things and we might need reconsider what we are doing..

I take everything I said about road hunting back, it is super dangerous! Cattle guard wins this time. I can still feel my teeth in the back of my head. She is gonna make it and these pic’s basically sum up our bodies.

Going in deep tomorrow SCH one more morning want to be heading home in the afternoon and hopefully we are heavy.

IMG_5925.jpegIMG_5927.jpeg

2 mile pack in we are sitting on the rim rock around a little more than 30min to go time. However this goes it’s gonna go down as one of my favorite hunts. My kid came into this a boy and he is leaving a man. He has grit! Very proud of him. Glad he missed that bull on opener we would have missed out on all this. Gonna miss this.

2 mile pack in we are sitting on the rim rock around a little more than 30min to go time. However this goes it’s gonna go down as one of my favorite hunts. My kid came into this a boy and he is leaving a man. He has grit! Very proud of him. Glad he missed that bull on opener we would have missed out on all this. Gonna miss this.
Drew, you have taught your son what hunting is all about.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu