Az Hunt Video took forever to upload

110 yards. The buck and his does had no idea what happened, they saw a doe (my decoy attached to my bow).
They didn’t see a predator or anything out of the ordinary. Once the buck expired, his does didn’t leave until I put the decoy down and they saw me. In my entire hunting career I have only seen 1 mule deer buck “jump the string”

I must have watched a different video... That deer was 100% alert and ran after you missed. The does were also alert and staring in your direction. A lot could happen by the time the second arrow gets there. Plus you jerked the trigger differently on both shots... clearly not a sign of a proficient long distance archer. In my 30+ year "bowhunting career" I've learned that a lot can happen when an arrow is released and it is amplified at longer yardages. Congratulations on your buck.

You seem like a young impressionable bowhunter. You should listen to a Jay Scott Podcast interview with Randy Ulmer. Randy is arguably one of best archers and mule deer bowhunters on the planet. He explains what can happen on long distance shots. He says he WILL NOT shoot at an animal past 60 yards and he has the best modern equipment available. Happy New Year... I'm done. Ed F

Reactions: Gteam1
Hey man you pressed the envelope and it worked. That was a tough shot.
I tip my hat to you sir.
That shiply sight was the first pin set
At 40 yards?
Thank you sir!
Pin 1 - 20 yards
Pin 2 - 30 yards
Pin 3 - 40 yards
Pin 4 - 50 yards and 60 yards
Pin 5 - 70 yards
Pin 6 - 80 yards
Pin 7 - 90 yards
Pin 8 - 100 yards
Pin 9 - 110 yards

I think everyone needs to live in their own realm and not call out folks out on what they have perfected or prefer. We all need to support each other in this anti hunting environment. If you decide that you want to hunt totally primitive good on you that's your gig and I respect that and hold it in high revelry because you have reduced it to the most basic elements but those that use technology should not be chastised for their efforts and how they have figured how to use it. I'm half way between both I use radios but don't shoot long.
Fred if we want our sport, lifestyle, love, to live on we have to be able to have mature conversation within our community. I don’t think anyone has been rude but this is definitely a conversation worth having. What happens if some of the new hunters read this or watch this and decide to loose an arrow way past their limits. Again I am not saying this was past breaks accuracy limits. Just google arrow in deers face and let me know what you think is worst for our sport. A deer running around with an arrow in the face gets a picture taken by an anti hunter is a lot more fuel then a clean bow kill. Which by the way this was an incredibly clean bow kill.
The whole Gream crew are studs, they do it right they hunt hard, and they have the whole family involved. They are great for the future of our sport. Honestly I have a lot in common with them and hunt a lot of the same stuff they do which is why I enjoy everything they post. I will be out in 16a in January for the youth Javelina hunt hopefully I will run into
them. I think they are great but I do think conversations like this need to be had within our community. If we don’t police ourselves then the antis will.

I must have watched a different video... That deer was 100% alert and ran after you missed. The does were also alert and staring in your direction. A lot could happen by the time the second arrow gets there. Plus you jerked the trigger differently on both shots... clearly not a sign of a proficient long distance archer. In my 30+ year "bowhunting career" I've learned that a lot can happen when an arrow is released and it is amplified at longer yardages. Congratulations on your buck.

You seem like a young impressionable bowhunter. You should listen to a Jay Scott Podcast interview with Randy Ulmer. Randy is arguably one of best archers and mule deer bowhunters on the planet. He explains what can happen on long distance shots. He says he WILL NOT shoot at an animal past 60 yards and he has the best modern equipment available. Happy New Year... I'm done. Ed F
Happy new year :cool:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu