AZ. point system

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
I have been gettin an AZ. hunting license for around 12 years now but have never hunted big game in the state. Do I have points accumulate by just buying licenses or do I actually have to apply for big game tag and go from there.? My friend seem to think we have points accumulated.

You have no points accumulated, Gotta apply for each species you want to hunt and you can apply for point only every year which will help you manage the year you want to draw. You can get an extra point by taking their hunter safety course.
Thanks, about what I thought.

You have no points accumulated, Gotta apply for each species you want to hunt and you can apply for point only every year which will help you manage the year you want to draw. You can get an extra point by taking their hunter safety course.

I've been monitoring their Bonus Point Field Test schedule for two years now and they've never had anything scheduled since COVID started. Good news for the people who have the bonus point already I guess, keeping guys like me one point beneath them in the draw

You retain the loyalty point and the hunter safety point even if you are drawn so you dont have to start back at zero points.

I've been monitoring their Bonus Point Field Test schedule for two years now and they've never had anything scheduled since COVID started. Good news for the people who have the bonus point already I guess, keeping guys like me one point beneath them in the draw
I'm not sure their goal is to keep you down man, lol.

Everything is a mess still from COVID everywhere we go. I understand the frustrations for sure but I also don't think everything is some conspiracy.

The bonus point class is rad mostly average dudes. However there was a couple Uber rich guys in my class and even a guy that flew in from Australia to get a point. It was a fun day. Slugging beers with the Mormons from Utah in the parking lot was cool too.

I don't know point system and you guys jump right to, loyalty points and bonus points. I'm surmised anything ever gets killed in Az. This is why dove hunting is taking over the world. Get a license kill dove. This point system is too cornfusing.

It’s not hard you just have to jump in . My only regret is that I’ve been buying a liscence in AZ since I was 15 and I didn’t buy a point till I was like 35 that was a couple solid tags I gave up.

It takes years to learn all the intricacy’s in some of these states.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu