AZ Quail opener

kylemg0009

Jan 20, 2015
Costa Mesa, CA
Anyone headed out to AZ this weekend for the quail opener?
Populations are up 300% from last year due to healthy rains. Was hoping my buddies would take me the area we always go but supposedly its packed with rattlesnakes at the moment so they will be taking me to a different new spot. Pictures will be coming!

kylemg0009 said:
Anyone headed out to AZ this weekend for the quail opener?
Populations are up 300% from last year due to healthy rains. Was hoping my buddies would take me the area we always go but supposedly its packed with rattlesnakes at the moment so they will be taking me to a different new spot. Pictures will be coming!

That's why they invented snake boots & gaiters.............. ;)

True, but these guys have hunted AZ their whole life, so if they are willing not to go somewhere due to rattlesnakes, im sure they have good reason!

I've hunted CRIT lands for years for quail. With the exception of one very large rattler and being warned every year about them, we've had no problems..... ;)

One note though, I don't take my dogs here.

Yeah, we usually go to San Carlos Reservation east of Globe. One of the most beautiful pieces of land Ive ever witnessed and holds all type of animals, elk, deer, lions, coyote, bear, and quail. They have quite a few dogs so that's probably the main reason for avoiding that area during this time of year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu