AZ reports?

Smoked a javi on new years weekend. Located 15 does and 1 spike. Couldn't locate a branch antlered buck with em. Headed back out this weekend to get my Dad a javi and hopefully there is a buck on those does. I hunt around the Kofa area. Its crazy dry there.

Reactions: TRICER
NOW ARIZONA IS A STATE TO HUNT IN: The hunting season in Arizona allows unlimited tags with a bag limit of one mountain lion per hunter per year. ... The majority of the state was included in the Standard Management Zone where both prey species and mountain lions occur at higher densities.... Here Kitty, Kitty....

Smoked a javi on new years weekend. Located 15 does and 1 spike. Couldn't locate a branch antlered buck with em. Headed back out this weekend to get my Dad a javi and hopefully there is a buck on those does. I hunt around the Kofa area. Its crazy dry there.
When I I finally draw my Kaibab tag I am gonna start putting some work into the Kofa. Not that far of a drive from our place at Martinez and it used to hold some monsters. I am sure there are a few in there but from what I understand they are few and far between.

When I I finally draw my Kaibab tag I am gonna start putting some work into the Kofa. Not that far of a drive from our place at Martinez and it used to hold some monsters. I am sure there are a few in there but from what I understand they are few and far between.

You can hunt it (Kofa) now with the archery OTC tag. You nailed it though, its a rough hunt. I am probably going to switch areas and head further east in hopes for better numbers. I'm on the same page as you though. Going to hunt Strip or Kaibab then put in for easier units once I burn those points.

Reactions: TRICER
My first time hunting AZ. In 3 days I've seen probably 70 deer, almost all does. Finally saw some bucks today. Had two bucks who were together coming in straight at me and turned away all of a sudden from where I had hoped they would go. Didn't see the other deer to my side thru the bushes. They were all just hanging out. No aggression from the bigger buck. Gotta keep my head on a swivel.

I hate AZ...stick with it..little head will get um in trouble in the next couple weeks..i think..

Not a single deer in two days of hunting. All the tanks are dry near me. Time to start searching

Turned up about 30 deer over the past 3 days, 4 bucks. Had a 46 yard shot at a 30" wide crabby 3x3 but pin split or 56 instead of 46. That will haunt me forever.

Those are some nice deer indeed, great photos by the way. I need to check out their F&G, to see if that have a disabled hunter license for out of state hunters. I'd move back there if I didn't own a house here,

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu