AZ trail cam ban coming

I would actually be for this. For a few more years anyways. Then I’m going to be against it.
Those were the days brother.....now it's all about making sure the AC is in tip top condtion ..or im not going! Actually that heater too!! Those elk like it cold!! Brrrrr..

Let me be more clear. The cellular cameras allow someone to check any of their cameras (could be dozens, some run hundreds) from anywhere at any time. This can be done from your office, car, home, and so on. Once the camera is placed you never have to do any more work unless you want to move it or unless the batteries die (solar charger will be infinite).

Unlike the other items aforementioned with these you don't even have to be in the woods (besides the initial setup) to have them in use. Unlike binoculars, range finders and what have you.... you at least need to be out there using them to benefit.

Cellular trail cams are already banned in Az. Ed

Reasonable would be to ban optics. Optics get more animals killed than any other piece of equipment. Range finders would be a close second. In Arizona next is electronic communication... trail cameras are way down on the list. The Az commission is fixing a squeaky wheel that was started by a politician... it is political. Ed F
In this day and age banning optics would mean a lot more wounded and wasted game. People would still be taking shots beyond their capability but with less chance of hitting the kill zone. Not using optics takes more skill and more practice than many hunters have today. There are better ways to manage game than banning optics.

Reactions: MJB
In this day and age banning optics would mean a lot more wounded and wasted game. People would still be taking shots beyond their capability but with less chance of hitting the kill zone. Not using optics takes more skill and more practice than many hunters have today. There are better ways to manage game than banning optics.

That was an analogy to advancing technology... optics have nothing to do with wounding game, peoples choices do. Ed F

That was an analogy to advancing technology... optics have nothing to do with wounding game, peoples choices do. Ed F
Most everything in life boils down to human choices. But in hunting, equipment used makes a huge difference in the outcome. Take away optics you get more poorly placed shots more wounding, wasting of game whether your choice to shoot was a good one or not. Numerous other equipment regulations or restrictions regardless of good/bad decisions will affect hunt outcome.

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
Most everything in life boils down to human choices. But in hunting, equipment used makes a huge difference in the outcome. Take away optics you get more poorly placed shots more wounding, wasting of game whether your choice to shoot was a good one or not. Numerous other equipment regulations or restrictions regardless of good/bad decisions will affect hunt outcome.

I get it... I used an analogy to show that optics kill more animals than trail cameras. We are both right and beating a dead horse. I need a drink... Ed F

I get it... I used an analogy to show that optics kill more animals than trail cameras. We are both right and beating a dead horse. I need a drink... Ed F
What you need is that 2021 bow season to start on Friday. Did you kill a 2020 buck over there this year?

Nice! Even if you don’t get it done before Friday that buck is worth two tags for sure. Stay after him I am rooting for you!

wel hell boys you could be in my position, elbow and shoulder is wore out. my compound bow days may be over unless I can get it to heal.
and the ol legs are worn out, count your blessings as long as you can. Ed the hunting AZ is wonderfull keep it going bro. I hoping if all goes well
I will be showing pics from Idaho next year.

I am an old sour pus dude, I have seen changes over the years, that now a days we need a permit or tag for every thing, license and tag for ocean fishing and a separate tag for fresh water fishing. then there are specific tags for certain fish , lobsters and such , and same goes for hunting. zones here and there. points here and there, and special tags here and there, now DMV tags for OHV vehicles, and more BS. I tell you this we will need permission to take a crap. if they wanted to work with hunters they would limit the # of cameras and how long they could be out there. I think the recreation of people hiking and pedal bikes do more damage to the environment and game than hunters due. people leaving trash and tearing up places and marking up places with spray paint.
sorry on a rant.

Remove the cameras and you get rid of the fat assets who don't want to walk. Is a win win. I just bought 2 cameras and I gained 6lbs..

Reactions: MJB
I am an old sour pus dude, I have seen changes over the years, that now a days we need a permit or tag for every thing, license and tag for ocean fishing and a separate tag for fresh water fishing. then there are specific tags for certain fish , lobsters and such , and same goes for hunting. zones here and there. points here and there, and special tags here and there, now DMV tags for OHV vehicles, and more BS. I tell you this we will need permission to take a crap. if they wanted to work with hunters they would limit the # of cameras and how long they could be out there. I think the recreation of people hiking and pedal bikes do more damage to the environment and game than hunters due. people leaving trash and tearing up places and marking up places with spray paint.
sorry on a rant.
You know it's over when they come up with a special license for hunting coyotes, lol, maybe have a "season" for them. I am laughing now, but someone is probably now working on it...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu