AZGFD analyzing new photo of possible endangered cat sighted southeast of Tucson

NBK said:
I agree...it is weird to think that the most dangerous cat in the world is roaming around our hunting areas. This falls right into the discussion we are having about walking back in the dark and seeing monsters. The Jag is a real monster. More humans have been killed by Jaguars than any other cat known to man.

Below is the link to the first collared wild U S Jaguar:

http://www.azgfd.net/wildlife/conservation-news/arizona-game-and-fish-collars-first-wild-jaguar-in-united-states/2009/02/20/

Didn't they find one of their monitored jaguars dead of natural causes? Thought I remembered hearing something about that.

A few years ago I did a Mearns quail hunt in the Coronado national forest south of Tucson with a veterinarian who has quail and lion hunted the area for years using dogs. He told me that the area has an abundance of Jaguar and that it was not that unusual to tree a Jag. They are protected of course and he would pull the dogs off the tree and let them go. While we hunted over the next two days he showed me quite a bit of lion and Jag scat he could tell the difference between the two and showed me what to look for to tell them apart. He didnt seem to have much fear of them but then again he always had dogs with him while in the area.

They hit the nail on the head when then named him. That cat looks pretty manly.

NBK said:
They hit the nail on the head when then named him. That cat looks pretty manly.

The "B" was for Badass but they couldn't publish that without offending people so they just left it at "B".

Not sure if thats true or not but it sounds good.....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu