Back Country Driveabout in Pictures...2-8-19

Yes, nice to see a struttin bird, but I am sure it had nothing to do with spring mating. Stretching his tail feathers and asserting dominance I imagine.

Last year was fun. I imagine this year to be the same. Just applied for a limited draw area. Same one I shot a rio in last year. In order to get 2 tags in CO, one has to be a limited license and the other OTC. You cannot have 2 OTC licenses. One of the spots I hunt is limited on one side of the road and OTC on the other. You can shoot 2 turkeys in one day a couple miles apart.
Ahh Colorado hunting. Bet it's
Awesome. Last time I was there.
It was the Silverton byway or whatever it's called. Got Chased off the mountain by a State trooper. A blizzard was on its way.
Wife and I were viewing otters swimming in a river. Wife and I will never forget that. Beautiful area. Elk crossing the road.
Haven't been there like 30 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nick,

That's the way I feel when I'm in Montana....All while legally driving 80 mph.....lol
Ya but the craziest place is Texas at night driving. Deer every where.
It was crazy and scary.
Deer all over the freeway.
Drove over to over near fort Worth.
Well I forget. Business trip.
oops did I hit one lol, throw in the trunk. Lol just joking

Lee,

I feel the same way when I'm in Utah & Montana....Deer feeding next to the roads everywhere....Alabama was another one while I was there turkey hunting....Road kill everywhere.

.083.JPG

oops did I hit one lol, throw in the trunk. Lol just joking

That's another great thing about CO, we can pick up road kill here.

I generally keep on my drive when I see animals. If it is a big bull or big buck it generally will warrant stopping for pictures.

Here is a drive by of a good bunch of pronghorn from a few days ago. Bunched up right before a front came through.
45427c8c8ddbb4dfc33ee1bc785067bc.jpg

Memory fails me but I believe it was
New Mexico. I was passing through, there was Antelope out n the boonies.
Hell of a sight to see.
The irony is, if i tried to hunt one, I would
Probably not see one lol.

The irony is, if i tried to hunt one, I would
Probably not see one lol.

I think you would be okay. At times they can be tough during late season if you have a November or Decmeber hunt because they get in large herds like pictured. So when you find 1 you usually find a lot, but they may not be in the area you are hunting.

Hunts in the early fall the pronghorn are usually more spread out. You may find yourself sifting through bucks to find one you want to shoot.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I think you would be okay. At times they can be tough during late season if you have a November or Decmeber hunt because they get in large herds like pictured. So when you find 1 you usually find a lot, but they may not be in the area you are hunting.

Hunts in the early fall the pronghorn are usually more spread out. You may find yourself sifting through bucks to find one you want to shoot.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Randy,

Picked it up and it just felt better (a little heavier)....The trigger was really smooth, clip holds 9, and so far as been right on (cheap 3x9 scope)....Oh, and the price was right....;)

ps....There's nothing really wrong with the Savage 93....2nd one I've owned.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu