Back to IV after many many years.

Cdj85

Aug 25, 2020
Decided to do a last minute trip to imperial valley yesterday. Haven't been here in about 18 years. Dad and i used to go with my grandpa before he passed away. We actually had his truck with us for the trip. Brought back some good memories. He always found a tree or payable to sit under. We did that a bit today. We only got a dozen between the 2 of us. But that's cause we're a bad shot. Started leading them further and did better. Didn't seem like the birds were flying as much as I remembered.

20200912_183450.jpg
I couldn't remember where our spots were from when I was a kid. I do know the one hotspot dump had been cleaned up. Seamed like a lot of the trees were posted no hunting. What general areas would you recommend to try? I planned on bow hunting some deer this weekend but that got screwed up. This was better cause it was with family and much more shooting.

Tj,

That's a nice outing...Like Jason said, it's not always about the numbers.

Nice shotgun...I first thought it was a Remington 1100, but the more I look at it...It has different checking and release is on this side...Not an 11-48 or 1187 either...What is it?

My 6 & 8 yo kids had dove for the first time tonight. Although I told them they're miniature chickens. Wrapped them in bacon and added a touch of bbq sauce at the end. They loved them. I'm sure my daughter wouldn't eat them if I told her what they really were. She's the type that would want to go hunting with you to scare away the game. I did some others in jalapeno poppers which I love. I'm just excited the kids liked it so much.

My 6 & 8 yo kids had dove for the first time tonight. Although I told them they're miniature chickens. Wrapped them in bacon and added a touch of bbq sauce at the end. They loved them. I'm sure my daughter wouldn't eat them if I told her what they really were. She's the type that would want to go hunting with you to scare away the game. I did some others in jalapeno poppers which I love. I'm just excited the kids liked it so much.
Awesome. My daughter, 6, loves cleaning the birds, although we end up with feathers in the yard for weeks after. Both kids (6 and 4) love some dove. Grilled dove tacos are always a hit.

Reactions: dhntr48

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu