Background check for rifle?

DOJ knows everything dude...jus sayin...in fact..they most likely know more than you..according to them..

So what happened was that I purchased a rifle and they told me that they will call me once I pass the background check and my 10 day hold would start . They called me a couple days later and told me that everything turned out good and that I would be able to pick it up on the 31st. Well they just called again and said that I was delayed and now I have to wait until they get informed? Question was has anyone gone through that is that normal?

well I have never had that happened, maybe they screwed up the paper work, they should give you an explanation.
I just guessing could be any thing..

May or may not be relevant in this situation but, it could also be that they have not physically received the rifle.
My understanding is that the 10 day period does not start until they are in physical possession.

May or may not be relevant in this situation but, it could also be that they have not physically received the rifle.
My understanding is that the 10 day period does not start until they are in physical possession.

@NBK would know best, but I think they need the serial # to make it happen.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Been out of CA awile now*thank you jesus* use to be long guns did not need a serial number for DROS .
Only handguns..

we use to start paperwork right away on long guns that were ordered so they could be picked on day 10 if they came in during the waiting period...use to have DOJ call us the day of pic up sometimes and say dont realease...the shop was not preevy as to why ...

delays happen, you can google lots of examples of it on calguns

your 10 days starts the second you fill out the paperwork. They have exactly 10 days and you get the gun. There is no background check then 10 days. The law is wonky on the Delay they can do then its 30 days they have to figure it out. fucking mess! Make sure you fill out your paperwork RIGHT!!!!!

i just read all this on the interweb so do not take what i said as truth.

PS what did you do ?

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Them doing that wait BS with long guns REALLY pisses me off. AND is HUGE evidence of why you should NEVER give an inch to the anti's.

Because I remember how in 1992 they started the waiting period (I remember thinking how glad I was that I'd *JUST* gotten my first pistol just before that BS)... and they did it for Pistols specifically because they mentioned about how they are easily concealable and that was the reason why it was not necessary for long guns. Since most folks hardly ever used long guns for crimes anyway.

I ALSO remember thinking to myself... how EFF'd up is that? They enabled this BS... they "said" anyway... in order to act as this sort of a "cooling-off period" in order to prevent some folks from going out in a fit of anger and being retaliatory and going out and getting a gun to go back and kill some mofo in a period of intense anger. THAT... was the offered reasoning at that time of WHY the 10 Days.

But I remember even then thinking to myself "Oh great... so what happens if YOU are the person RECEIVING Threat?

For example: Like you've got a daughter... and some aggro ex boyfriend is talkin' like they are gonna go full vengeful murderous rampage and what not? I guess their answer is simply "sucks to be you" eh?

Just as one example of why it's such a bad idea and infringes soo heavily on your 2nd amendment right... and why... if you love your family members... you set'em up with a piece from the get-go... in order to ensure their fate (or priviledge as the anti's I'm sure would call it) is not decided by the whims of some pompous ass Gavin Newsom type mofo.

NEVER concede to them. NEVER give an inch. They will NEVER stop with their pushing...EVER.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu