Bacon wrapped and stuffed wild turkey

punkur67

Apr 12, 2014
Cooked the turkey breasts from my bird I shot this weekend. Soaked the breasts for 48 hours in brine made with salt, sugar, onions, apple cider vinegar, and water.

Stuffed the breasts with onion, jalapeno, and cream cheese. Seasoned with Traeger pork and poultry rub and wrapped it with a basket weave of bacon.

Smoked at 225 for 2 hours on the traeger and finished the cook at 275 degrees. It came out amazing. My wife, who is usually hesitant to eat wild game, really like it too.
20220427_181909.jpg
20220427_183124.jpg

Wow!....That looks amazing....How were the legs to eat?...I almost always boil mine and take the meat from the bone... :yum
Meat was tasty. Just took time to pick it off the bone. I might do a Texas crutch next time to add some moisture

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu