Badlands or Eberlestock?

Ajsnack

Jun 5, 2012
San Diego
Looking to pick up a new pack next year. I will stick it out with my pack I have for this season. What does everyone like or dislike between Eberlstock packs and Badlands packs? Original I was leaning toward Eberlestock because I have seen them in action, but when I read Badlands warranty. I was practically sold there haha.

I own two Eberlestock packs , they are made in the USA ( Boise Idaho), Badlands are imported from Vietnam and Taiwan, I believe Blacks Creek is made in the US also.

I try to buy American made stuff when I can, its getting harder to do these days.....just my .02

NO OFFENSE JEFF

I've been looking at Badlands, Eberlestock and Blacks Creek. I have a Kelty frame pack that is fine for longer trips, but I'm looking for a day pack (either backpack or fanny with shoulder harness) that has a scabbard for bow or rifle. I've read some outstanding reviews about the Badlands Superday pack. It holds up to 1950 cubic inches which is about right for a day pack. Still undecided...

Don. Check out EXO Mountaineering it's a little bit larger pack at 3500 CI. Weighs the same or less than some of the 2000 CI. It's what I've been eyeballing lately.

Lungpopper said:
Don. Check out EXO Mountaineering it's a little bit larger pack at 3500 CI. Weighs the same or less than some of the 2000 CI. It's what I've been eyeballing lately.
Thanks LP, I'll take a look.

Sent via Tapatalk

Wow. Looks popular. They are sold out for their first run

Sent via Tapatalk

what do you guys think about some like this fanny pack with shoulder straps.
is it not easier on the back?
http://www.eaglearchery.com/Badlands-Packs-Monster-Fanny/?gclid=CNvqr4iiyL8CFUqVfgod9rUAYw

Ghost said:
what do you guys think about some like this fanny pack with shoulder straps.
is it not easier on the back?
http://www.eaglearchery.com/Badlands-Packs-Monster-Fanny/?gclid=CNvqr4iiyL8CFUqVfgod9rUAYw

To small - if you are going to go fanny pack, get the Crooked Horn Outfitters® Trailblazer II Backpack. It converts to both fanny pack and back pack. I carried an elk quarter off the mountain last year with it. http://crookedhorn.com/cms_ver_03/store/crooked-horn-backpacks/trailblazer-ii-detail.html

allright thanks for the tip. saved the link to my hunting & fishing links.
I definitely would like to try it. I am getting older now, shit getting harder to carry.
hahahaha. trying to stay fit is a full time job. I need to hunt where ATV's are allowed.

Gentlemen, thanks for all the helpful info on this thread. after a large amount of research and checking into numerous options for a good daypack/fannypack, I decided that what I really wanted in a day pack was a scabbard with quick access to the gun (preferably in a position that won't unbalance the pack when the gun is removed), and capacity for a hydration system. I settled on the Eberlestock H2 Gunrunner too. Seems like a good pack and I was able to pick up a new one on ebay for $152. Will report back once I have a chance to use it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu