Badlands or Eberlestock?

Ajsnack

Looking to pick up a new pack next year. I will stick it out with my pack I have for this season. What does everyone like or dislike between Eberlstock packs and Badlands packs? Original I was leaning toward Eberlestock because I have seen them in action, but when I read Badlands warranty. I was practically sold there haha.

Both are good stuff, Seen both in action. personally I'm an Eberlestock man but I dont think you can go wrong with either.

I own two Eberlestock packs , they are made in the USA ( Boise Idaho), Badlands are imported from Vietnam and Taiwan, I believe Blacks Creek is made in the US also.

I try to buy American made stuff when I can, its getting harder to do these days.....just my .02

NO OFFENSE JEFF

I've been looking at Badlands, Eberlestock and Blacks Creek. I have a Kelty frame pack that is fine for longer trips, but I'm looking for a day pack (either backpack or fanny with shoulder harness) that has a scabbard for bow or rifle. I've read some outstanding reviews about the Badlands Superday pack. It holds up to 1950 cubic inches which is about right for a day pack. Still undecided...

Don. Check out EXO Mountaineering it's a little bit larger pack at 3500 CI. Weighs the same or less than some of the 2000 CI. It's what I've been eyeballing lately.

Lungpopper said:
Don. Check out EXO Mountaineering it's a little bit larger pack at 3500 CI. Weighs the same or less than some of the 2000 CI. It's what I've been eyeballing lately.
Thanks LP, I'll take a look.

Sent via Tapatalk

what do you guys think about some like this fanny pack with shoulder straps.
is it not easier on the back?
http://www.eaglearchery.com/Badlands-Packs-Monster-Fanny/?gclid=CNvqr4iiyL8CFUqVfgod9rUAYw

Ghost said:
what do you guys think about some like this fanny pack with shoulder straps.
is it not easier on the back?
http://www.eaglearchery.com/Badlands-Packs-Monster-Fanny/?gclid=CNvqr4iiyL8CFUqVfgod9rUAYw

To small - if you are going to go fanny pack, get the Crooked Horn Outfitters® Trailblazer II Backpack. It converts to both fanny pack and back pack. I carried an elk quarter off the mountain last year with it. http://crookedhorn.com/cms_ver_03/store/crooked-horn-backpacks/trailblazer-ii-detail.html

allright thanks for the tip. saved the link to my hunting & fishing links.
I definitely would like to try it. I am getting older now, shit getting harder to carry.
hahahaha. trying to stay fit is a full time job. I need to hunt where ATV's are allowed.

Gentlemen, thanks for all the helpful info on this thread. after a large amount of research and checking into numerous options for a good daypack/fannypack, I decided that what I really wanted in a day pack was a scabbard with quick access to the gun (preferably in a position that won't unbalance the pack when the gun is removed), and capacity for a hydration system. I settled on the Eberlestock H2 Gunrunner too. Seems like a good pack and I was able to pick up a new one on ebay for $152. Will report back once I have a chance to use it.

Want to see it when you get it Don!

Back