Banded Doves

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
Did anyone shoot a banded dove this season? I shot one three years ago on September 2nd near Niland and it was banded a month earlier near Niland. For those of you who have shot one in past years, where was it banded and where did you shoot it? 042C1E74-A27A-49A7-8824-897404D2FBFF.jpeg

I've shot 2 banded doves....One at Blythe (my 1st banded anything) in 1973...I shot it on opening day and it had been banded July 26th.

My 2nd one was in Rancho Bernardo...Shot Sept. 10th and had been banded on June 20th...It was banded in Solana Beach.

.banded dove.jpg

I've shot 2 banded doves....One at Blythe (my 1st banded anything) in 1973...I shot it on opening day and it had been banded July 26th.

My 2nd one was in Rancho Bernardo...Shot Sept. 10th and had been banded on June 20th...It was banded in Solana Beach.

.View attachment 45804
Very cool, they didn’t mail me my certificate, I printed it from the email anyways to frame. Is that normal now?

All band certificates need to be printed from the email now. At least that's what I've noticed. Miss the heavy cardstock certificate that they use to send you

Reactions: ilovesprig
I got one two years ago around Niland. It had been banded two months earlier and less than mile away. I was hoping for a cooler story but it my first (and only) banded anything so I'll take it.

Attachments

• C_of_A_1883-50042_2156029.JPG
    C_of_A_1883-50042_2156029.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 13

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu