Bandtails

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
57abb40dc73cf7a2a5cdc1b39bba5331.jpg

DanSanDiego and I were out in the field the other day and had a nice flock of bandtails around us. There were a dozen in this tree and another dozen or so in another tree. Probably the most I've seen in this particular spot in a couple years. For the life of me, I can't figure these birds out though.. some years they appear and stay here through the season (which is when I have a good shoot), yet other years like last season, they show up early and disappear. Hoping they stick around through the winter this year. I know numbers have been down.

Great day out in the field. Lots of deer sign, quail were showing some decent numbers for the upcoming season, the Band Tails will hopefully stick around for December, and more than a few rabbits were spotted but they were rather shy of hunters.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu