Barret Resevoir

Oct 11, 2014
Does anyone know what the conditions are like at Barret Resevoir? Anybody ever hunted there before? Is it worth going later in the season? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Lake is low and the hunting is tough.....And it's always worth going hunting.....Just maybe not Barrett this year with the conditions of the lake.....Lots of ruddies..... ;D

Hunting report...http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC8QFjACahUKEwjEoe70rfLIAhUB6mMKHTqdB9c&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sandiego.gov%2Fwater%2Frecreation%2Fhuntrep.shtml&usg=AFQjCNGupRW1lzLBqd5eP6IT_8tgPGFcOg&sig2=m0tcBL1Ia8vrPAJCIhxDSg

Thanks sprig, I should have known who to ask. For some reason I couldn't find that report on their site before, good to knowml.

I know they used to hunt Otay many years ago because I hunted it, but it got too populated around Otay so that went by the wayside. Also, if I'm remembering correctly there was another SD lake I hunted, also many years ago, I want to say it was Sutherland. Do they still hunt that of did it suffer the same fate as Otay?

fish dog said:
I know they used to hunt Otay many years ago because I hunted it, but it got too populated around Otay so that went by the wayside. Also, if I'm remembering correctly there was another SD lake I hunted, also many years ago, I want to say it was Sutherland. Do they still hunt that of did it suffer the same fate as Otay?

Sutherland shut down too. I had some of my best SD hunts from Sutherland and Otay. I miss those days!

My advice to the OP, go for it and get a feel for it! Worst case scenario, boating with guns (ducker's version of hiking with guns), it beats working or doing yard work!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu