Bday yellowtail

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Went out on the ocean today for my birthday since it was to hot to shoot birds in the valley. calm seas but no fish or bait around to speak of so we decided to troll. I
57ab19fdb73ff763a062ead704a6310d.jpg
caught a decent little yellow trolling a feather a few miles out and my buddy got a great bonito probably 9 or 10 lbs on a rapala we were trolling alongside the feather.

good work on plan b and happy b-day bro stay cool, it's 116 in the IV right now.

Strong work Luke! Did you gaff that fish right through the center of the loin? :)

Thanks to everyone that wished me a happy birthday and john Ya I did I gaffed him at the first opportunity I had because he was shaking his head so much and was barely hooked. I swear this fish was a gift from God

Great "Bonehead".....As a kid we caught them by the 100's from the shore in LB....Nice to see one again....... 8)

Nice Bonie! Used to be big ones were easy to find. Not so these days. My brother will eat smoked bonito before he will even touch smoked albacore.

Good stuff!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu