Bear hunting

Thanks for the info input so far!
Unfortunately I have not had a chance to get after my bear. Wife usually works nights but in the last couple of weeks have been covering her mother during the day as well so I get kids duty. I've taken my boy on a rabbit/quail hunt the other day but am looking forward to an long hunting day looking for that darn bear.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Had an amazing encounter with a nice one this past Sunday ! Spotted him around 350 yds but he spotted me pretty quick and went back down faster than I could set up... watched him run about 1/4 mi and tried to get set up where I thought he would try and come back up but he never showed. Headed back up as many days as I can before closer! It’s insane trying to figure these bears out with absolutely zero experience but I feel like I’ve found really good sign and a pinch point where they’re coming out to return to there dens in the morning so now it’s just time behind the glass...

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Had an amazing encounter with a nice one this past Sunday ! Spotted him around 350 yds but he spotted me pretty quick and went back down faster than I could set up... watched him run about 1/4 mi and tried to get set up where I thought he would try and come back up but he never showed. Headed back up as many days as I can before closer! It’s insane trying to figure these bears out with absolutely zero experience but I feel like I’ve found really good sign and a pinch point where they’re coming out to return to there dens in the morning so now it’s just time behind the glass...
To bad it busted you. Thanks for the report. Better luck next time.
If you cook something they would be crawling all over the place.

P.S. Start researching how people also do predator calling for Bear. I'm pretty sure from the sound of it I called-in a Bear one time at an area in Angeles I'd previously had a 40yd encounter at the year before. But he didn't seem to commit to come in, (I was hand-calling and tucked-into an area where there would be no way he could sneak in behind me) and I was perplexed by that because it sounded like a whole damn tree cracked in half up on the edge of the next low ridge over! Turns out some damn hikers were coming along the trail in a bit, so he probably saw them from his high ground position up there and bounced outta there. We later confirmed with TrailCams they do indeed still go thru there. Not very big ones, but hell I ain't picky, just want to get a first one.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu