Bear?

SoCalCuda

Oct 2, 2018
When I was in the high sierras last month I got a bear tag to hold on to in case I came across one…. When do you go there and not see one …… there is a first for everything I guess.

What do you guys think about the lone pine area this late in the season?

Ventura / Santa Barbara counties?

Any chance they are still out and about?

Bears are cool...Mama Hatchet not to happy .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231107-184806.png
    Screenshot_20231107-184806.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20231114-075044.png
    Screenshot_20231114-075044.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I’m thinking the rain/snow this weekend might drive them into there high Sierra dens….. kern / vta / sb counties might hold them a little while longer. Appreciate your responses guys…..

So cal bears don't hibernate...hunt um until the end of December..there fun.

Reactions: SoCalCuda
I hunted them for a few days during the 3rd week of October. We went back to an area where my buddy and his friend both shot a bear last year. We couldn't find them despite people in the area saying they would see them early am or late pm. Also, there were no acorns.
We did find a trail that a Bear was obviously using because of the fresh prints but the trail was going up high in steep slippery terrain. We decided to play it safe and stay low.

Reactions: SoCalCuda
I hunted them for a few days during the 3rd week of October. We went back to an area where my buddy and his friend both shot a bear last year. We couldn't find them despite people in the area saying they would see them early am or late pm. Also, there were no acorns.
We did find a trail that a Bear was obviously using because of the fresh prints but the trail was going up high in steep slippery terrain. We decided to play it safe and stay low.
Around the same Time period I hiked bishop creek from that little town half way up. down to lower intakes - went towards south lake another day - nothing ! Hiked above lone pine into the Virginia hills - nothing - saw some huge bull elk though….

Last edited:
Reactions: aeverett152

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu