Beer Battered Bunny

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
This came out really good, and it was super easy. Took some rabbit out of the freezer and cut back straps and hind leg meat into chunks. Soaked in milk for a couple of hours and deep fried using the recipe attached. Just substituted rabbit meat for fish. Easy enough that even I could handle it. If you haven’t found a way you like rabbit, try this. 7897A959-CC7E-45A5-BDDC-B2D1F5C21FAE.jpeg

6354C10A-3550-4DDD-B5A6-CCE142FDD4B7.jpeg
1763BA2C-8821-4850-9B60-48D458B457A5.jpeg

OMG looks delicious!!!
I need to get me some rabbits...whats the trick with the milk soaking? Does it take the gamy flavor off?

Reactions: WaterDawg
Looks great. Fried cottontail is the way I have been doing them lately. Can’t really go wrong everyone thinks they taste great. I also like that it looks good on a plate. Even skeptics are willing to try it fried.

Reactions: WaterDawg
BTW, I’ve been frying everything in Grape Seed Oil instead of vegetable oil. Grape seed oil actually lowers bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol. It’s rated the healthiest of all oils for frying. It has a very high smoke point and is flavorless. It’s expensive at Albertsons, so I buy it at a local Mediterranean market and it’s cheap there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu