BFT LOCAL

Sorry guys, they lost the fish at color after 3.5hrs. What they call a true hart breaker, they are still crying. oh they said it looked to be about 150.

I on the other hand was able to see that newport stuff that showed on saturday 7/10. I was solo in my BAYRUNNER BAJA 17. Saw BFT from12# 170ISH jumping and foaming all day 5 miles out of the Balboa pier, unreal. I threw everything i had and it was a lot. Jigs up the Wazoo deans, macs all right on the foam and no takers. It was run and gun for 4 hours. So fun to be a part of. Most of the boats bailed and i had a bunch of room to troll a mac on my GRAFTECH 80-100 WITH A fathom 40 80 braid to 60 big game leader. Well guess what, 3:10 and the reel screams. WTF! I am on. 45 minutes later the 80# looking fish is inches from the gaff and the pig spits the hook, MOTHER F%$KER heart break. I just tucked tail and ran back to LB pretty beat up.
Thats my story and i'm sticking to it!

I was out sat am on the western pride first out we got a chet load of sculpin. Later hit some tuna spots they were out there you could see the boils but no hook ups. Heading out again on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This time of year two years ago, I went out with my neighbor on his 21 ft. center console. We went off San Clemente gunning for big boys and we hooked into one. Long story short, after just over two hours and taking turns we lost it a gaff, just like happened to you, except ours broke the line. A real heart breaker. Same thing happened to me on the Toronado out of pier point landing except that time I was the only one on the reel, just under two hrs. and broke the line. I still think about both to this day.

• Dislike
Reactions: garlicsalt
This time of year two years ago, I went out with my neighbor on his 21 ft. center console. We went off San Clemente gunning for big boys and we hooked into one. Long story short, after just over two hours and taking turns we lost it a gaff, just like happened to you, except ours broke the line. A real heart breaker. Same thing happened to me on the Toronado out of pier point landing except that time I was the only one on the reel, just under two hrs. and broke the line. I still think about both to this day.
Yeah, GDL49 it SUX. The worst part about it is, these are the fish you never forget.

We slayed em today about 15 miles off Del Mar and a lil further out off Pt. Loma. Lots of big fish. Its close enough that we saw a SeaDoo guy out there with a pole rack and he has catching BFT.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu