Big bucks are going to hit the dirt

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
Our monsoon season was awesome this year. Two weeks from today some big bucks are going be taking some dirt naps. I've seen 175" plus bucks in every unit I've been in. Can't wait!!!!!

That is awesome Jeff. I have 8 deer points. Where are we going next year?

If you want to pursue a true giant you may have to wait 6 or 8 more years being a non res.That would be a unit 12ae.12aw,12b,13a or 13b tag.There are several other units you can definitely draw as a non res with the points you've accumulated and have a an xlnt chance of shooting a buck in the range your looking for.You can always come over and do the otc archery deer hunts while accumulating more points.I'd be more than happy to show you around here.Chasing bucks around in Dec and Jan with a bow is a blast.

I don't want to wait 6-8 more years. That is why I was contemplating burning the points on a coues deer hunt instead.

As far as the bow thing. I vowed to Bruce I would buy a bow this year so I guess I have all of my ducks in a row now with him setting me up with a rig, Lungpopper helping me practice and now you extending your gracious offer.

Balls in my court! I have a brand new BowTech Insantity (for the Tournament prize) - do you think anyone will mind if I hunt with it for a month? ;D ;D ;D ;D

NBK said:
I don't want to wait 6-8 more years. That is why I was contemplating burning the points on a coues deer hunt instead.

As far as the bow thing. I vowed to Bruce I would buy a bow this year so I guess I have all of my ducks in a row now with him setting me up with a rig, Lungpopper helping me practice and now you extending your gracious offer.

Balls in my court! I have a brand new BowTech Insantity (for the Tournament prize) - do you think anyone will mind if I hunt with it for a month? ;D ;D ;D ;D

If you kill something with it, it adds more value to the bow.......

NBK said:

If you get a tag for 36C for Coues let lungpopper know and I can give you some info for that area and a few good maps, also it is a good unit for Mule Deer with a bow, and no I wouldn't mind if you use my tournament prize bow for just 1 hunt

Save one of those monitors for me, I'm trying like hell to make it happen in January this year and things are looking good!

Forgot to add I'm good on pie plate from eighty yards with my new bow(no shit!)

You can hunt just about anywhere in the state with that tag( the premier units are excluded, the strip,kaibab etc.)opening day for the late otc archery is the 14th of dec. and goes til the 31st..you've seen pics of the bucks i've posted, they are all from units within 50 miles of my house,most within 20 ..you have a good chance of shooting a buck of 160 or more in any of these units.

That sounds very appealing to me.Im going to check into it.Any chance you would point me in the right direction? Hunting /camping area? I saw a show about a guy and his son who runs a guide service over there called Big Chino outfitters.these guys were really good but high dollar.maybe I will start stashing cash, and do it next year.Spot and stalk a big mulie with my bow would be a dream hunt to me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu