big game

i have sent this thread to D F G, if this took place closer than 150 yards from a occupied dwelling or outbuilding this record is invalid.

I will be showing up at the bbq with what i think is the new record and will have it on display for all......

Aeon it's all BS until the pics are up. Anyway I don't think a truck hood would make a suitable bow shooting rest, so I doubt your going for the P&Y book.

Randomshot said:
Aeon it's all BS until the pics are up. Anyway I don't think a truck hood would make a suitable bow shooting rest, so I doubt your going for the P&Y book.

What makes you think I got out of the truck?

Great looking ivory on him. What call did you use to call him to the surface?

BuckHunter said:

No calls were used during this dream hunt. I really need to give Breacher some of the credit for if it wasn't for his keen cat like senses this hunt wouldn't have happened.
Breacher some how discovered this record breaking animal on the other side of a mound of dirt. With his help and cat like stalking abilities he was able to get me in position for the shot.( I can see now how he put the sneak on a P&Y Black Bear and arrowed his way into the record books). After coming to full draw and waiting for what seemed like hours I was able to put an amazing shot on this animal of a lifetime.
At first we didn't realize what we had just done Then after the celebrating and the high fives (we had to calm Randomshot back down) we started to realize just how big this Gopher was.
Just an awesome story to go with an awesome animal.

BuckHunter said:
Buck hunter we've covered this ground. Breacher spotted him and the beast retreated to his burrow. Then before anyone knew any better LP (being a midget) took the battle to the beast and chased him down the burrow. Now we only know LPs side of the story ( and he has been known to tell some tall tales for such a small, small person) but the story he told us at the scene went some thing like this:
As he entered the burrow he felt an eerieness wash over him. LP knew this ravenous beast could turn at any moment and bite him in half much like the earthworms it was accustom to eating. LP kept his wits and followed the trail of freshly excavated earth. As he travelled further into the depths of the borrow he came to a wye in the tunnel. After checking the tracks LP was certain that the beast had continued his retreat in the burrow to the left. Mustering up a level of courage only comparable to that of Lt Col. John Henry Patterson when entered the den of the Tsavo lions, LP decided to take the tunnel to the right to hopefully face the beast head on. As he continued the sounds of the beast started to fill the tunnel and he knew that it was a looped tunnel system and this monsterous herbavoir was heading his way. In a flash the beast appeared. Sensing LP it reared back and flashed his earth worn tusk preparing for the charge. LP drew back and when the beast dropped his head to charge LP released the bolt of death which broke its spine and sent him to the hereafter. After dragging it to the mouth of the tunnel we were all able to take part in the celebration of such an epic take. That was of course after we pulled LP out of the tunnel. You see in addition to being very very small LP is also very round and his fat A$$ got stuck making his egress from the den of the beast. Well, that's how he tells it anyway along with some other part about me being excited.

Well BuckHunter you have two very different tales to chose from. I'll just say after reading Randomshots version, you can see why we left him behind.
He is really an OK guy, he just has an imagination that gets away from him from time to time. Also a few issues making friends but I'm really trying to help him with that. I have donated a lot of time(un paid I might add) trying to help him and believe me if you had seen him before you would know he really has improved. I think I'm really starting to make a difference with him. Someday,,,with enough improvement I think he may be able to go out and play with others without help.

Breacher, help us out here. You can attest to the story LP told us after we pulled him out of the hole. Remember he was stuck so bad you were worried about pulling his wee little arms off.

Buckhunter, you being the intelligent person you are I am sure you can see through LPs falsehoods.

I say enough with the charades, we are loosing focus on the subject. Congratulations are still in order. Having one do something so exceptional in lieu of his physical short comings ( pun still intended) well it is nothing short of a true life Rudy movie.

All,

This hunt of a lifetime has taken many twists and turns. There are only TWO people that were present during the adrenaline packed moments when LP harvested such an amazing creature. It was purely by chance that I caught movement out of my peripheral vision. I instantly directed my attention towards the large mound of dirt nearby. All I saw were the glimmering tusks of a rather large and intimidating Geomyidae.

Now keep in mind I have heard of several attacks on humans by aggressive Geomyidae. Injuries have consisted of severed fingers. I have to admit I was somewhat startled and my brain struggled with the "fight or flight" response. My initial thought was to remove my S&W Airweight .38 revolver, which I always have with me, and send a couple rounds in the Geomyidae's direction. I knew I could have easily justified this to local law enforcement had they responded to a call of shots being fired. Thats when the true warrior in me came out. I thought, No way will I deprive LP of such an incredible opportunity to harvest this potential record book animal.

Once I gathered my wits, I calmly made LP aware of the animal. I am still in awe of LP's response. Without hesitation he took up a perfect archery stance and visually locked on target. His courage never wavered. I have never seen such fearlessness. I took a step back so as to not interfere with this remarkable moment I was about to witness. LP drew his bow back and held it for what seemed like several minutes. The anticipation was almost unbearable. Adrenaline pumped through my body and I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. LP was so calm and collected. His breathing shallow. His attention so focused on the beast's lair. It was almost trance-like.

I never saw the Geomyidae present himself. LP's bow flexed has he released the arrow, sending it at incredible velocity. It hissed at is sailed through the air. Upon impact, we both knew. LP had just harvested a record book Geomyidae. LP removed the arrow which had severed the spinal cord of the boar Geomyidae. The Geomyidae still impailed on the arrow, made for a great picture.

LP, I have never witness such courage under stress. I would follow you into battle anywhere, anytime and against any enemy. Don't let Randomshots criticism of outward appearance affect you in any way. I was there. I saw what you did. Congratulations on one hell of a animal!

Breacher,How much did he pay you? So much for honor amongst thieves..
Just make sure you both have your stories straight when you start doing interviews.

Just one last question if LP really shot the beast from outside the burrow how do you explain this pic

089d9baabe09e83aca53ba33d4aee35c.jpg
I rest my case.

Randomshot said:
Breacher,How much did he pay you? So much for honor amongst thieves..
Just make sure you both have your stories straight when you start doing interviews.

Just one last question if LP really shot the beast from outside the burrow how do you explain this pic

089d9baabe09e83aca53ba33d4aee35c.jpg
I rest my case.

??? I'm starting to think your medication needs to be changed. AGAIN

Pretty funny though ;D ;D ;D ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu