Bighorn Sheep Ground Survey 3/1

ifonly

Sep 6, 2019
Hi all,

It’d be great to have some of you out on the annual bighorn sheep count on the San Bernardino and Angeles National Forests, put on by CDFW, the FS and the Society for the Conservation of Bighorn Sheep. The ground survey will be taking place on Sunday, 3/1/20 with a mandatory (unfortunately) orientation occurring Saturday 2/29 at 6PM in Arcadia, CA at the Angeles National Forest Supervisor’s Office. Please sign up right away if you’re interested as spots tend to fill quickly. Thanks.

http://www.sangabrielbighorn.org/sangabrielbighorn.org/San_Gabriel_Bighorn_Sheep_Home.html

My buddy saw some ram on his way up the grade at about 1000 feet.

Cool stuff. Love seeing rams in the desert. I've wanted to help out with the Anza sheep count but I think they usually do it in July when it's like 180 degrees in the shade, if you can find some.

My buddy was able to make it and he hiked up but it ended up being pointless since the visiabilty was so poor.

Reactions: BIGCIM
Hi all,

It’d be great to have some of you out on the annual bighorn sheep count on the San Bernardino and Angeles National Forests, put on by CDFW, the FS and the Society for the Conservation of Bighorn Sheep. The ground survey will be taking place on Sunday, 3/1/20 with a mandatory (unfortunately) orientation occurring Saturday 2/29 at 6PM in Arcadia, CA at the Angeles National Forest Supervisor’s Office. Please sign up right away if you’re interested as spots tend to fill quickly. Thanks.

http://www.sangabrielbighorn.org/sangabrielbighorn.org/San_Gabriel_Bighorn_Sheep_Home.html

Coming back from Imperial Valley today saw 8 big horns at the side of the road. I’ve been coming up that grade since the early 50s and thats the first time I have ever seen them

Reactions: TRICER
they have been there a lot the last couple years. last year they were on the east bound side, this year its on the westbound side

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu