Binocs

Sdbowhunter

Sep 6, 2014
Looking for a pair of Binoculars for hunting but not looking to break the bank on a pair of Leica's
Can anyone recommend a good pair?

Cheers

Second the vortex. Just got a pair of diamondbacks and wow so much better then my bushnell and nikon. If you don't want to pay all at once try basspro they are having a 6month payment plan. Help out if you want something better.

ilovesprig said:
TaftHunter said:
Vortex makes some good stuff

+1........Damn nice glass for the money.

+2. Just got some before deer season this year and I friggin love them. Super clear glass. Got mine off Amazon for like $150.

Lovin the Vortex love! Their warranty is lifetime...even for 2nd hand glass. I went from Bushnell to Nikon to Vortex. I will say that my next big purchase will be Leica though. But for a budget hunter the Vortex glass is really good.

Sdbowhunter said:
8SteelTown said:
ilovesprig said:
TaftHunter said:

+2. Just got some before deer season this year and I friggin love them. Super clear glass. Got mine off Amazon for like $150.

Which model and size did you get off amazon?

Vortex Optics Crossfire II 10x42 - The only thing that I don't really like about them (which isn't really an issue) is the focus is extremely small. Meaning, If I'm scanning from 200 yards out to 400 yards out, the amount of turn on the focus dial is very small. I would like more of a throw to be able to steadily focus in. Again, not a real issue, but I would prefer that. They come with rubber objective lens covers that don't stay put if you don't have them in a harness. I just use the enclosed case around my neck and have bevy hooks that link up to my backpack so I can easily acccess them ( saving cost by not purchasing a bevy/harness. born on budget). They are light weight and the glass is VERY clear!

VortexBinatomy.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics-Crossfire-10x42-Binocular/dp/B00BIKFFXI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1418313960&sr=8-4&keywords=vortex+binoculars

8SteelTown said:
Sdbowhunter said:
8SteelTown said:
ilovesprig said:
TaftHunter said:

Which model and size did you get off amazon?

Vortex Optics Crossfire II 10x42 - The only thing that I don't really like about them (which isn't really an issue) is the focus is extremely small. Meaning, If I'm scanning from 200 yards out to 400 yards out, the amount of turn on the focus dial is very small. I would like more of a throw to be able to steadily focus in. Again, not a real issue, but I would prefer that. They come with rubber objective lens covers that don't stay put if you don't have them in a harness. I just use the enclosed case around my neck and have bevy hooks that link up to my backpack so I can easily acccess them ( saving cost by not purchasing a bevy/harness. born on budget). They are light weight and the glass is VERY clear!

VortexBinatomy.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics-Crossfire-10x42-Binocular/dp/B00BIKFFXI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1418313960&sr=8-4&keywords=vortex+binoculars

I got these off amazon also a while back they work much better then my Bushnell 10x50s they are cheap pretty light and small with good glass for the price.

GSPman said:
I got these off amazon also a while back they work much better then my Bushnell 10x50s they are cheap pretty light and small with good glass for the price.

Which Bushnells?

Beats me my bushnells are atleast 10 years old cost almost 500 new back then. they are nice and all but my new lighter smaller vortex are pretty nice. I do still keep the busshys in the truck.

Reason I ask is the New Bushnell Elite Series Binoculars are stellar. Pretty hard to beat for the money. Their Entire Elite series has an amazing guarantee. Nobody in the industry is offering this type of offer. Basically use the gear for a year and if you do not like it, send it back. No questions asked.

"OUR PROMISE TO YOU ON THE PURCHASE OF OUR PERFORMANCE OPTICS.
We believe that you, the consumer, should make the final call on product performance. That’s why we offer
our exclusive Bulletproof 100% Money Back Guarantee (the best in the business) on selected Bushnell products.*
If, for any reason, you’re not completely satisfied with your Bushnell product, return it—no questions asked for a full refund of the purchase price.
We promise that the performance will be like nothing you’ve ever experienced. But the best testimony will be your own. Try them today with absolutely no risk."

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu