Binocular problem

teachanother

Jul 3, 2011
San Diego
If this just don't beat all. After saying nice things about my Alpen spotting scope in a post last month my three year old Alpen 10x42 binos are on the fritz. While hunting on Sunday I noticed the right ocular won't come into focus.

Anybody run into this before?

Yes, I'm sending them back but geez! Its been a tough week for me and equipment.

Just a bit. I have four sets of binos but when the rifle season starts my three kids are all hunting at once so I like to make sure all the gear is operating properly in the bow season.

Still....

Man…….. I thought it was expensive buying double of everything for my wife. But you’re outfitting for 4. Not cheap.

They should take care of you Alpen is a good company, I would like to see what they do for you keep me posted. I know your pain I have to by two sets of everything for me and my son and it is always a big order every year, That is why I like the 6 month pay option that Bass Pro gives you so I can make a big order in August and get everything I need for the whole year and spread it our each month.

Lungpopper said:
Hey TA
Did Alpen fix your binos ?
How long did it take them to get the binos back to you ?

Ya, they sent me a brand new pair. Three cheers for Alpen!!!

Now I'm dealing with Nikon?

I never even have problems with Leica and they're 11 years old.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu