Binoculars

TJD123

Jun 3, 2013
Looks for some quality binoculars. I'm not willing to spend a dollar more than 250. Any suggestions?

You can't get a quality pair for that kind of cash. Try some vortex diamondbacks. OK glass and a great warranty.

If you are shopping at that priceline, you'd be wise to shop in a store rather than online, so you can look through them and see what distortion you get. Take your time, and see how your eyes feel after a few minutes looking through them. Cheap glass is very tiring to look through.

Sent via Tapatalk

For $250 bucks the only thing you can count on getting from your bino's is a head ache. I agree with Aeon look at Vortex or try Leupold. Good glass can make all the difference, Save some money and buy something better you'll be much happier in the long run.

Big 5 has cheaper stuff and also lower-end Leupolds. Compare them and you'll see what we are talking about.

Sent via Tapatalk

Aeon said:
You can't get a quality pair for that kind of cash. Try some vortex diamondbacks. OK glass and a great warranty.

+1.......I have a pair diamondbacks 10x42's and for turkey hunting and such, they're fine. In fact, they're light, clear, and they back their product 110%......Best glass in that price range IMO

Bought Swarovski's EL 10 42's a while back......Unbelievable difference!......I let my daughters boyfriend look thru them the other night......It was 9:00 pm and told him to look down at the bottom of the property......He said it's dark.....I said just look.....He says OMG!......I can see rabbits under the boat.......Yep, I know.........lol

Reactions: Moves
I have looked through a lot of glass recently (and have had my share of binos). I would say for the money, the Bushnell Elite series binoculars may be the best bargain going. They are about $450 but will give you amazing return on investment. In that price class they are untouchable and also have a lifetime warranty. These are the Japanese built Bushnells.

Funny thing is, never in my life did I think I would make the statement above. The technology gap has narrowed and everyone is building good glass now.

On the other hand, save up $1850 - $3000 and get a set of Leica HD's. You will never look back! ;D

I got a pair of Bushnell legends 10x42's work great for what I do think I paid 300 hundred a cuple years ago

I was gifted a pair of Barska 10-30x60's for a birthday a few years back. Big 5 special, probably like $60-80. They were heavy and so difficult to use if you weren't super steady with a field pod or resting elbows on the knees. Full zoom was almost impossible to see anything clearly not to mention the bouncing around. Like wearing contacts in 1 eye but not the other and guessing what's in the middle of the picture inbetween bounces.

Glass is one of those things you HAVE to buy good quality or you'll end up not seeing what you're looking for and have to rebuy anyway.

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/blog/expensive-vs-cheap-binoculars-05/

&

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/blog/best-ed-binoculars-under-350-350-02/

I was in your shoes years ago and bought a pair of Alpen's from Bruce at the Bow-N-Arrow shop. I'm sure they are nowhere near as good as the glass these guys are talking about, but they sure are a lot better than the big clunky Nikon's I had before.

I got these: http://alpenoptics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=alpen&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=391G1SR
I had a problem with them the year after I got them, called Alpen and they shipped my new pair before they ever received the pair I was sending back!

gatorfan those are not bad. I will take a look at those myself. I always buy the medium to cheapy crap. but it ends up biting me in the ass. hahahhaha

go to this link here http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bargain-Cave/Optics/Binoculars%7C/pc/105591780/c/105675480/sc/105676380/Vortex174-Talon-10x32-HD-Binoculars/1868564.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fbinoculars%2F_%2FN-1102694%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105676380%3FWTz_l%3DUnknown%253Bcat105591780%253Bcat105675480%26gclsrc%3Dds&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat105591780%3Bcat105675480%3Bcat105676380

on sale right now and in your price range, best thing about Cabela's they really stand behind their products.

GOOD LUCK!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu