black bear

Hunterfisher

Jan 19, 2020
does anyone here hunt black bear in so cal. been really wanting to just try to stalk and a find a bear. i’ve been thinking about heading to the san bernardino mountains. i don’t necessarily want to hunt one yet but would love to at least find them. any tips or advice would be highly appreciated.

Lots of bears in the San Bernardino mountains just have to do your homework like deer hunting scout and scout some more
that’s what i figured. just curious to see if anyone has or regularly sees them out there. from what i read they are a lot of them there. will be making a few trips up there throughout the year to see what i can find

It means they eat trash. Definitely something to keep in mind when looking at hunting spots on the map, keep away from places that have trash. Campgrounds would be a good example.
ok that makes sense. wasn’t sure what you meant.

What about the San Gorgonio Wilderness? I’m going to get a tag next year now that I’ve upgraded from the 243 win to the 300 win mag.

Bears cover a lot of territory, so you want to get to an area where they have little to no human interaction (ie; garbage). That’s gonna be really tough in SoCal.

I tried putting out apple crush for deer one summer in d14. The bears ate most of it! I won’t try that again, I only got a few does on the trail cam eating it before the bears showed up. One of them was a big guy, who knows how far away he was when he smelled the stuff. Too bad that spot is so crowded.

9D26A3F2-4F12-4818-8AC3-BD873BB0857C.jpegC2FE3C05-9B0C-42C6-999E-EEBDD1B0AE39.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu