BLM Implements Additional Fire Restrictions for Public Lands within the Calif.

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
so does this mean no hunting in BLM ?
give your 2 cents on this

oops here is the main page

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/palmsprings/Target_Shooting_and_Hunting_Information.html

digging more
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/cdd/fire_page.Par.52830.File.dat/2014%20Additional%20Fire%20Restrictions%20Order.pdf

contacted BLM got a lame reply trying get them to say it's OK hunt.
just saying I want everything stacked on our favor. yes I know i am hard headed. sorry it's my nature. hahaha it appears Imperial county is in stage 1 so recreation shooting good to go there.
it's in San diego it's stage 3 fire restrictions. hahahaha

The way I read hunting is fine. It's just target shooting.
This says nothing of hunting.

For all BLM-managed lands within the jurisdiction of the Palm Springs - South Coast Field Office that fall within the Stage III Seasonal Fire Restriction area, recreational target shooting of any type is prohibited. The Stage III Seasonal Fire Restriction area includes all BLM lands in San Diego and Orange counties, portions of Los Angeles and Ventura counties, and most of Riverside County west / south of Highway 111, and west / north of Highway 62.

I don't see anything about not being able to hunt.
Just no target shooting.

yes it does read that way no target practicing . you know the areas I go to practice it's in the desert. towards jacumba. there nothing to burn there LAMO

but that is imperial county.

BLM wrote me back hunting is good to go. I like getting stuff in writing because there is knuckle heads out there don't know their own rules. just saying and no offense to any one . I have been hassled before. for sure on target practice it's out for now. which good to know. which I was not aware.

Ghost said:
BLM wrote me back hunting is good to go. I like getting stuff in writing because there is knuckle heads out there don't know their own rules. just saying and no offense to any one . I have been hassled before. for sure on target practice it's out for now. which good to know. which I was not aware.

We've all been hassled on the CNF or BLM, if you hunt enough.........Good info......... ;)

Ghost said:

Nice job Ghost. Clarification like this is almost mandatory. So much jargon in their rules and ordinances that so much could be construed based off how you interpret it. Sort of like hunting at night or from a car with a mounted light... Heard people were getting invalidly ticked by DFG / Sherriff departments because THEY misinterpreted their own rules (think I remember that correctly).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu