Blood has been drawn...

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
I just watched my buddy Jerry (Millbro) kill his first archery big game animal. It doesn't have horns but it was an awesome experience! 107 yards down to 28 to seal the deal! More to follow....

Attachments

• 20130920_170502.jpg
    20130920_170502.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 33
very cool guys!!!! congrats

The full story.......

So breacher and I went out yesterday afternoon for an evening hunt. As we were walking up the trail, we jumped a doe (which was very far away from our planned hunting location). We watched her for a couple minutes and decided to press on to our planned hunting location. It was a good sign of things to come being that we saw a deer within the first 10 mins of our hunt.

As we entered our desired hunting location, we formulated a plan as to where each of us were going to hunt and decided to walk in together to a specific point then break off from there. After a couple minutes of walking, we stopped to glass a little and Nick (breacher), picked up a little movement about 100 yrds away. It was a doe, and she had no idea we were there yet. We watched her for a couple seconds as she decided to bed down. We instantly knew we were going to make a stalk on this deer. We dumped our packs and took only the essentials we needed for the kill.

The plan was for me to arrow the deer and Nick to video it on his phone. The wind was perfect and we were able to close the distance rather quickly after removing our boots because they were noisy as hell. We got to within 28 yrds of her as she was bedded behind a fallen tree and got ready for the assault. Nick rose up and ranged her, then I stood up and ranged again, 28yrds.

I tucked back down and gathered myself, looked back at Nick and said I was going to take the shot. I rose slowly, drew back the Bowtech, picked a spot and let the Gold Tip fly. The arrow hit its mark with a loud crack. Two other does jumped up beside her that we hadn't even realized were there. Luckily we were able to sneak up to those sets of ears and eyes also unnoticed.

The target doe ran hard for about 100 yrds or so and piled up. Nick and I were able to go back and gather our stuff, put our shoes on and track a nice blood trail right to her. The whole event was awesome and to have it happen with my best friend right there was even better. Memories for a lifetime and meat in the freezer for a couple months. A22 punched with an open AO tag looming. Bring on the bucks!
lagunadoe012.jpg
lagunadoe010.jpg
lagunadoe002.jpg

Good times buddy. Watching you stalk in to within shooting distance was awesome. I don't promote any specific broadhead but this particular expandable made a devastating entrance.

Attachments

• 20130920_170602.jpg
    20130920_170602.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 29
There's nothing else like it. Congrats on you first cal archery deer. You got the fever now.

Epic story, makes me want to shoot that do even more that was 10 yrds right below me last night

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu