Blue Wing Decoys

Oct 11, 2014
Is it true that blue wings don't mix with other ducks? Do you guys seperate your blues from the rest? Will cinnamons and greens mix?

You can separate them, I have seen them mix and stay separate. Don't over think it.

My BWT yesterday came into 3 pintail, 6 widgeon, & 6 spoonie decoys........Take your pick....... ;D

ps.....No spinner.... ;)

ilovesprig said:
My BWT yesterday came into 3 pintail, 6 widgeon, & 6 spoonie decoys........Take your pick....... ;D

ps.....No spinner.... ;)
So is that supposed to mean those were the birds that were seen? The wording is a little confusing.

MasterBlaster66T said:
ilovesprig said:

ps.....No spinner.... ;)
So is that supposed to mean those were the birds that were seen? The wording is a little confusing.
I think he means his blue wing teal decoyed into that spread of pintail, wigeon and spoonies? Man I'd love to get a BWT!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh now I get it. I got one a few weeks ago with a large spread. It wasn't as mature as his though. The wings really do look good.

Sweet BWT Trig, Masterblaster, look at any drake spoony or cinn teal wing and there you go. Very similar to BWT.

duck-boy said:
Sweet BWT Trig, Masterblaster, look at any drake spoony or cinn teal wing and there you go. Very similar to BWT.

Thanks Ron.....Sorry for the confusion.....The point I was making was he came into a combination of those decoys.....Heck, I don't even own a blue-wing teal decoy..... ;D

ps.....And yes, blue-wings, cinnamons, and shovelers are all closely related.....Here's a New Zealand shoveler.

Attachments

• blue-wing & cinny.jpg
    blue-wing & cinny.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 59
  • nz spoonie.png
    nz spoonie.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 58

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu