Boar chops

TRICER

Boar chops, BBQ baked potatoes, and grilled asparagus with a balsamic sauce. I am yet to shoot something my kids don't like to eat. This stuff came out incredible.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Re: Boat chops

Drew,

That looks great and the fact the boys like what their killing is totally awesome.....I learned at a very young age by my grandpa to eat what we shot.....Which included rain crows, coots, jacks, etc.....Even grandpa drew the line on ground squirrels though.......lol

Lungpopper said:
Looks good. Where did the Boar come from ?

I took a few customers out with Neil last month. One of my customers wasn't sighted in and missed a hog at dusk Saturday night. I ended up letting him use my gun Sunday to get a massive boar. We ended up bringing two home they split the meat with me well over 100lbs in meat between the two. Kind of stunk I really wanted a big boar and I ended up letting him take mine. But at the end of the day both my customers got hogs which was all that mattered. I booked another hunt for next March. Proofing targets will be required from now on for all my customers, that was an expensive miss for me. There was a ton of piglets up there next spring will be great. Also a picture of my hand load 30-06 TTSX doing what it should.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    967.1 KB · Views: 11
Did you brine the chops at all? I cooked mine in a cast iron just like a t-bone and it came out great, my buddy did his same way and said it was chewy and a little gamey. I didn't notice any gamey flavor at all, or maybe I just like it ;D

dariian said:
Did you brine the chops at all? I cooked mine in a cast iron just like a t-bone and it came out great, my buddy did his same way and said it was chewy and a little gamey. I didn't notice any gamey flavor at all, or maybe I just like it ;D

Nope....I just cooked them like steaks. The trick is to not overcook them and they will be tender.

Quote from: Lungpopper on July 06, 2016, 06:42:27 PM

I took a few customers out with Neil last month. One of my customers wasn't sighted in and missed a hog at dusk Saturday night. I ended up letting him use my gun Sunday to get a massive boar. We ended up bringing two home they split the meat with me well over 100lbs in meat between the two. Kind of stunk I really wanted a big boar and I ended up letting him take mine. But at the end of the day both my customers got hogs which was all that mattered. I booked another hunt for next March. Proofing targets will be required from now on for all my customers, that was an expensive miss for me. There was a ton of piglets up there next spring will be great. Also a picture of my hand load 30-06 TTSX doing what it should.

That's a good day at work.

Truduct said:
Lungpopper said:

I love the photo of the expanded round. I have a jar of bullets I've pulled out of game over the years sitting on my desk. Always brings back good memories. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave him the round. He is getting the head mounted I think he is going to incorporate the round somehow.

Back