Bobcat down

Sfc2140

Aug 7, 2012
It's been a while since I been on here figured I'd aleast have something good to share :)

I took my wife's cousin out last night in hope to get him a coyote. He had his shotgun and I had the rifle. Since it was his first Time I manned the light.

Our first stand less than a minute into it a nice little fox walks out doesn't give him a shot and we never see him again. We got to our 4th stand and haven't seen anything since. I was ready to head to the next spot when I decided to get up and walk around to the back of where we were and sure enough an nice little cat perched up half way behind a bush. He was about 40 yards out I had about a 6" target to shoot. I grabbed the rifle since I was the only one with the tag and put a great shot on him. Dropped him dead in his tracks. My first bobcat and just happened to buy the tag the day before. Very good night.

.IMG_5278.JPG IMG_5279.JPG IMG_5279.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking cat. Where you manning the light also when you shot? Where you using that light in the picture? Curious if I can use white light vs. the red or green?

Nice looking cat. Where you manning the light also when you shot? Where you using that light in the picture? Curious if I can use white light vs. the red or green?

I had called him over swapped the light out for my rifle and had to show him where the cat was then I was able to line up for the shot. With the noise I made to call him over get the rifle and get the light shined right I'm surprised I didn't scare it off.... I was using a combo of white and red, I was done so was using the white light when I spotted the cat. The pic is just the light form the phone

. The pic is just the light form the phone

I was noticing the light your holding on the picture. I have that streamlight spot also and have never brought with me since I thought the white would spook them. Good to know. Thanks for the reply.

I'm going out tonight I'm going to try a white light and see if it spooks them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going out tonight I'm going to try a white light and see if it spooks them.

It seemed to freeze him more than anything. The cat didn't move from when I spotted him to getting the shot off, not sure if it was the light or what. Good luck out there

Congrats on the cat. I often wonder how many animals I call in that I never see. This is a great example of that. I really do believe that if you run a electronic call and there are predators in the area they will be coming unless they have been shot at before. But how often do they come in from behind or the side and wind me? No way to answer that I guess. Great job getting up and finding him behind you I don't think you will pull that one off again in the near future. Really cool that you were able to get it done. Night hunting is tough.

Reactions: jjayson54321
It seemed to freeze him more than anything. The cat didn't move from when I spotted him to getting the shot off, not sure if it was the light or what. Good luck out there

Called in three coyotes and two fox last night. Full moon always seems to make them really Leary none of them came all the way in .

Way cool. Stellar timing on buying the tag..!!

I was gonna buy it a few days before but got caught up buying a new rifle I forgot. I got lucky to go pick it up before I went out. I contemplated not getting one cause I didn't feel like driving back to get it. Good thing I changed my mind :)

Called in three coyotes and two fox last night. Full moon always seems to make them really Leary none of them came all the way in .

Too bad you couldn't get any. I'm hoping to take my boy out this weekend hopefully we can get lucky

I was gonna buy it a few days before but got caught up buying a new rifle I forgot. I got lucky to go pick it up before I went out. I contemplated not getting one cause I didn't feel like driving back to get it. Good thing I changed my mind :)

Too bad you couldn't get any. I'm hoping to take my boy out this weekend hopefully we can get lucky

I did have a fox come in close enough but I already killed four this season so he got a pass.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu