Booyah!!!!!!! Bobcat !

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
I talked to a hunting buddy this morning and he got me pumped up to go out today. So I cut out of work early and went up the hill. Didn’t see any deer but I did have this Bobcat come within range. I shot it an hour before sundown and just stayed up in the tree to keep hunting for deer. There was a deer in the bush that winded the dead bobcat and was blowing and stomping around but I never got a look at it. This cat got hammered by the Rage and only went 5 yards as it growled like a little lion then piled up. I saw two cats last year so I was ready with a tag this time. I’m skinning it out. Big cat! I may do a rug.

Attachments

• Bobcat 11-9-12.jpg
    Bobcat 11-9-12.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 369
That is awesome! A bobcat with a bow is no easy feat. I've seen only a couple in all my years in the field....

No lifesize mount? Thats a nice size cat! Congratulations!

Your just a certified killer BH! That's a fact!

Awesome picture...

WAY TOO GO JIMBOW !!!!!

Man that's awesome!!!!, we just talked about getting me a bob cat tag this morning, that's a nice looking kitty cat

good job Jim

stikbrandon said:
WAY TOO GO JIMBOW !!!!!

Man that's awesome!!!!, we just talked about getting me a bob cat tag this morning, that's a nice looking kitty cat

good job Jim

I told you man. When you get trail cam pictures of them on a regular basis you should get a tag. Tags are only about 10 bucks and the season goes to 3-1-13

BuckHunter said:
stikbrandon said:
WAY TOO GO JIMBOW !!!!!

good job Jim

I told you man. When you get trail cam pictures of them on a regular basis you should get a tag. Tags are only about 10 bucks and the season goes to 3-1-13
$3.00 a tag I paid this year. Too cheap not to buy one.

Captaintb said:
BuckHunter said:
stikbrandon said:
WAY TOO GO JIMBOW !!!!!

good job Jim

$3.00 a tag I paid this year. Too cheap not to buy one.

You're right. I bought mine online back in June when I got my deer tags and I remembered it was cheap but 3.19 is dirt cheap. I brought it in to have it signed off but found out that there is no sign off on bobcat . Just need to report it online or mail it in.

The Rage put a big hole in it and basically gutted it for me. I cleaned her up the best I could for a picture but ran out of water.

My skull collection has always been missing a bobcat, so I'm going to bleach it out. I wanted to do a rug with the pelt but found out that a rug cost the same as a full mount because of the cost to send out the hide to get it tanned.

BuckHunter said:
stikbrandon said:
WAY TOO GO JIMBOW !!!!!

good job Jim

Nice cat!

Nice cat! I had chance to shoot one with a bow but it wasn't in season yet. I was posted up for deer and this cat walked up to me, within 5yrds. Taken quite a few with my varmint rifle but never with a bow.

BuckHunter said:
My skull collection has always been missing a bobcat, so I'm going to bleach it out. I wanted to do a rug with the pelt but found out that a rug cost the same as a full mount because of the cost to send out the hide to get it tanned.
The tanning cost is the same but the cost of the mount vs rug should pretty different. The lifesize mount is more labor intensive and has added habitat. A rug with a rug shell should run $300-350 less than a Lifesize mount. You could also check on doing a flat rug (no rug shell). This saves the cost of mounting the head since the eyes are sewn shut and the ears are just carded. I did one of these a few years ago on a little kitten I shot. The photo is not the best but gives an idea of what I'm talking about.
2b44f1b7c02740f6e8b1462cf5b122c3.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu