Bought first hunting binoculars

About two years ago I decided to upgrade my field glasses and went with Zeiss conquest HD 10x42. Couldn't be happier. Quality Glass makes a world of difference.

You guys who wear glasses, what glasses retention straps works best, for needing to take the glasses off when using your binos for extended period glassing on tripod? I found with the Vultures I get a huge FOV when I look thru them without the glasses on. So figure I'm going to need Croakies or something to hold my glasses on my neck while glassing? What works best for you?

'Dog,

I just carry a hard case with me....The strap idea is good....I'm going to give it a try.

ps....I know it's much easier/better to glass without them on.

Yeah just a simple bino harness is all you need. And time hiking with em so your shoulders and neck get used to it.

But do bring like 1 or 2 wiper cloths with ya though. Especially if it's a little rainy. Or very windy and thus exceptionally dusty.

Yeah I just took them out today to CNF and it wasn't a burden at all. I didn't see any deer but I can already tell these are going to be incredibly useful, the picture is crystal clear :D

No deer..... .please......any newbie that can walk quietly enough to glass for 10 minutes on a rock and be 5 yrds from a sleeping yote got my attention!

Well done Zak, let us know how 15 miles feels in two days....lol

Reactions: Zak
That Crystal Clear picture... with the high contrast and all that.... yeah man... it's like Crack for your Brain! It's like your Brain fiends off seeing the world again so clear and sharp!

It's soo uber cool now when I'm actually able to get to high enough of a location to really make good use of the 15's.

It's crazy... like the last time I was up high enough, I was looking ridge to ridge... super cool and everything but then noticed past that other ridge I could actually see way down back out of the mountains and down to the valley floor and make out cars driving on a main road way the hell down back to the flatlands near PalmDale. Was a freakin' Trip! Checking out the parking lot of some chain store. Had to have been like maybe 10 miles away!

Reactions: Zak
No deer..... .please......any newbie that can walk quietly enough to glass for 10 minutes on a rock and be 5 yrds from a sleeping yote got my attention!

Well done Zak, let us know how 15 miles feels in two days....lol
That "coyote" I saw turned out to be a grey fox (this is why I'm in the Newbie Den).

You'll see more of them than coyotes. Be sure you check the regulations so you understand WHEN they are in season. They ARE NOT all year long like coyotes are.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu