Bow fishing Newb

topher1111

Sep 30, 2014
I'm hoping to get into bow fishing because it seems like a lot of fun and I was just wondering is it legal in most lakes?

Most lakes here in San Diego are including Lake Morena now.....I would venture to say Murray, Santee, Miramar, and possibly even Otay it would not be legal.....Check whatever lake your interested in's website.

Darryl,

It was a proposal (Lake Morena) that was brought up to the commissioner by Doug Streed......As I recall it passed last November by the county supervisors.

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEUQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sandiegocounty.gov%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fsdc%2Fawm%2Fdocs%2F14_02_Feb%252013_14__Draft%2520Minutes%2520Final.docx&ei=xnucVe7hFo62oQSJj62oDg&usg=AFQjCNGsPEWHrYIcUTx_jtVpyWUULp_N4g&sig2=vTjtjyKegJjr2YUP7se9vw&bvm=bv.96952980,d.cGU

Thanks.....With Doug's passing the ball must have been dropped.....No reason not to have it out there.....I'll bring it up at the county commissioners meeting tomorrow night.

ilovesprig said:
Thanks.....With Doug's passing the ball must have been dropped.....No reason not to have it out there.....I'll bring it up at the county commissioners meeting tomorrow night.

I think in your wildest dreams that they would let a weapon in the park unless you are trying to eradicate wild pigs

After tonight's meeting, no one on the commission remembers what the result of the vote was or if it was even taken......I am having the county coordinator check back minutes to find out.

Okay here are some tips. Get a sturdy bow without a let off if possible like the AMS discovery kit or a recurve, I would go cheap like A hand wound reel instead of a 90 buck reel and just google and research. Sorry I can't give you more I'm also a beginner

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu