Bowhunters

Leoffensive

Sep 5, 2015
San Diego, CA
what do you guys use for arrow heads and what kind of results do you get with them.

i have a bowtech assassin i need to pull out of the closet and get proficient with again.

i have carbon express arrows not sure of the weight of the field points i have on them.

350 Victory V Force arrows......Broadheads are Grim Reapers, 105 gr.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CH8QFjAJahUKEwj80PKfpObHAhUGVZIKHQ6KD2Q&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.outdoorlife.com%2Fphotos%2Fgallery%2Fhunting%2Fwhitetail-deer%2Fbowhunting%2F2012%2F08%2Fbest-broadheads-mechanical-and-fixed-blade-&usg=AFQjCNE2_olN0plqHSdlv5xqPmG96wQDUg&sig2=vWOC3yfwibGpNpWp301AUg

I use 125gr points for better penetration. BHs: 1" Slick Tricks for pig, 2" Rages for all other big game. Judos for small game.

I like to use goldtip or victory arrows, currently use muzzy bone crushers, and magnus stingers. But in the future plan on switching to rage. I have trouble with the wind. It really can affect arrow flight. Or it can. And the rage are little more forgiving with the bow tuning. With fixed window broadheads it has to perfectly tuned. I prefer 125 grain for bone crushing.
Killed a doe with the magnus stinger made a good size hole. Pass thru with 50 lb long bow. Fun to hunt with.
Now use bear attitude. Cause it's light and easy to shoot.
Ghost

I intend to small game hunt I dunno if you guys still use some of the broadheads mentioned?

I've read about the judo tip. How do those compare to the ones that look like a round flat thingamobob

Judos are good for grass. They have tines that stick out so the arrows are hard to loose in thick brush. SGTs are good too but easier to lose.

I shoot the slick trick 125s and love them. Getting great groupings out to 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot d-ringer trauma broadheads or grim reapers and never back.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu