Bowie knife

G

Goyaałé

I just wanted to share with everyone. This is my Bowie knife that is almost done. A gentleman by the name of Greg Campbell is making it for me. He live here in San Diego some time back. He delivered on every detail I wanted in the knife. Here is s photo of my Bowie. He will be making a sheath for it as well. I will be ordering a Skinner and boning knife from him as well. Anyways just thought i'd share. Instagram handle is @curcustoms. Facebook handle cur custom blades.IMG_20180728_101353_878.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180728_101344_139.jpg
    IMG_20180728_101344_139.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20180803-142244.png
    Screenshot_20180803-142244.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Damn fine piece of work, I know it can't be cheap. I have a love for knives and made me a knife, I cut the blade out of a Kukhri blade probably made in India or Pakistan from leaf spring and epoxied it into a an elk handle (bought at Petco). my work at getting the edge I want is a work in progress. down the road, I will make a fitting sheath for it as well. I will try and post some pics. some day, I hope to forge a blade/heat treat it and take it one step further. I have a great Puma Bowie that me Bro gave me on my retirement that garnered me admiration and fear when I hiked around convict lake in June :D after reading so many posts about mountain lions on this great forum, I am going to start wearing a big blade during bird hunting instead of my usual folders. My saying is a Man can't have too many knives (and European shotguns) :p

Damn fine piece of work, I know it can't be cheap. I have a love for knives and made me a knife, I cut the blade out of a Kukhri blade probably made in India or Pakistan from leaf spring and epoxied it into a an elk handle (bought at Petco). my work at getting the edge I want is a work in progress. down the road, I will make a fitting sheath for it as well. I will try and post some pics. some day, I hope to forge a blade/heat treat it and take it one step further. I have a great Puma Bowie that me Bro gave me on my retirement that garnered me admiration and fear when I hiked around convict lake in June :D after reading so many posts about mountain lions on this great forum, I am going to start wearing a big blade during bird hunting instead of my usual folders. My saying is a Man can't have too many knives (and European shotguns) :p
Post some pictures. I would live to see it. I have been collecting old files. I plan on making some knives my self.

I am a cave man on computers but I will give it a shot, stand by....

Goyaale, I just wasn't able to export the pics into this site. if you PM me, I will send you the pics of the knife in stages.

Since retired, I to want to either build or buy a small furnace. To make custom knives. I have a good back ground on different steels and heat treating methods. I would like to design and build working knives for gutting. Don't like the styles offered at the sporting goods. I don't care for the disposable type. Pros and cons. They work great and sharp. I am just old school. Great knives Goyaale and Smokey.

Reactions: Goyaałé

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu